Stepping down before Dec 2 court verdict may be the most graceful exit for Prayut, reckons Pheu Thai

webfact

19 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

One persons greed for power?? I feel that is a gross underestimate, considering those who have been appointed to other positions of power.

Is he paying rent on the army accommodation? If so how much, and what does the residence consist of?

Mansions,  rent free

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

their “significant contributions to the country’s well-being”.

Were they having a laugh ?

They should be living in tents, if their contributions to the country's well being was the deciding factor ! 

Yes significant contributions using the military to overthrow an elected government hand picking a majority of the senators from your military cronies to ensure that you get picked for pm while claiming to have a free and democratic election aquire numerous expensive watches and your military run court rule its OK. Feel free to add more 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

They didn't need immunity. They took billions of tax payers money and spend it in foreign countries. 

However bad that Taksin and Yingluk were.... Thi current Army General is a 'USER' that makes them look 'SMALL-TIME CROOKS'.... 

YES.... I hated Taksin and his sister BUT I have seen enough to make me HATE this guy more.... 10 - 20 times more.....

Living free (just one thing) in Army housing off of the 'Thai Poor Folks Money' and not caring about the 'Thai poor folks' (only Army and RICH folks) shows me what he really is....  Haven't you noticed that????

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kensawadee said:

However bad that Taksin and Yingluk were.... Thi current Army General is a 'USER' that makes them look 'SMALL-TIME CROOKS'.... 

YES.... I hated Taksin and his sister BUT I have seen enough to make me HATE this guy more.... 10 - 20 times more.....

Living free (just one thing) in Army housing off of the 'Thai Poor Folks Money' and not caring about the 'Thai poor folks' (only Army and RICH folks) shows me what he really is....  Haven't you noticed that????

The PM lives free in an Army house. Is that really the worst thing which comes to your mind?

How much would it cost to rent such a house? Maybe 100,000 THB per month, worst case?

Now compare that to the billions which other politicians scammed with the rice scam and other shady deals. The house is, to say it with a bankers words, "peanuts". 

• Sad 3

4 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

So the acceptance of “small “ known kickbacks is ok?

From small boundary crossings in government larger ones always occur.

Surely the standard should be open, transparent and competent governance?

Yes, that would be great. I also wish for competent honest politicians who work for all the people. It sounds great, but how realistic is that?

Which PM in the last decades was better than Prayut? I think Abhisit was better, but other names don't come to my mind.

Thailand has in a way a similar problem like many countries i.e. like the UK, USA and others: There are only not so good choices. People vote for the 2nd worst choice - which is still better than the worst case.

And Thai voters repeatedly vote for the same corrupt politicians and/or their family members. And then Thais are surprised that they have a corrupt government. Amazing Thailand.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

59 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Right.......

So if the current government is corrupt (it is) it's only stealing a little bit?

How long have you lived in Thailand? 

I live here since 25 years. And Prayut is a lot better and less corrupt than many other PMs before him.

How about you? Which of the PMs in the last decades do you think was better and less corrupt than Prayut?

• Sad 4

On 11/30/2020 at 3:53 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

the most graceful exit for _____, reckons Pheu Thai

PT are obviously the expert for graceful exits. 

Thaksin: going on an trip out of the country and he never returned to go to jail

Yingluck: illegally left the country and never returned to go to jail.

Politicians from that party should shut up about graceful behavior from anybody else.

Always good to get a "but, but, but Thaksin post. Rather reminds one of the good old days...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Yes, that would be great. I also wish for competent honest politicians who work for all the people. It sounds great, but how realistic is that?

Which PM in the last decades was better than Prayut? I think Abhisit was better, but other names don't come to my mind.

Thailand has in a way a similar problem like many countries i.e. like the UK, USA and others: There are only not so good choices. People vote for the 2nd worst choice - which is still better than the worst case.

And Thai voters repeatedly vote for the same corrupt politicians and/or their family members. And then Thais are surprised that they have a corrupt government. Amazing Thailand.

This corrupt politician was not elected by the people 

• Like 2

“However, if Prayut decides to step down before December 2 as demanded by pro-democracy protesters, then it would be the most graceful exit for him,”

Today is the day to go, senor. Bye bye, you've done enough damage and took a lot of cash away from people who would deserve it.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, teacherclaire said:

Aphisit would have been my choice, but.............

At least Thaksin and his Luck of Ying helped the farmers out, but that seems to have stopped.

Abhisit is also my favorite. But it seems most farmers up country don't like intelligent educated professionals.

Thaksin and his little sister helped lots of people in the rice industry with their scam. Sure, the farmers also got a little more, but a lot less than all those middlemen.

• Like 1