Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well TIT in your situation if you had been trusting enough to have the truck in your wife's name you would not of had a problem, som nom na.

Thanks for knowing everything about our marriage. She has been a homemaker and a fabulous one for 18 years. No legal income. Thanks for the suggestion!

Don't be sorry! Perfectly par-for-the-asinine-Thai-course. Just ONE of a million frustrating stories which sum up how LOS (land of stupid, silly, scams, snarls, snark, swindles) functions. In my 25+ y

Technically, your immigration status was "under consideration".

 

If you were dealing with the finance company, it was still their car, not yours.

 

Get in touch with the potential buyer once your 1-year extension has been issued. Maybe they didn't want to leave a deposit tied up but maybe they didn't find another vehicle either.

 

I agree, Thai bureaucracy can be really frustrating.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

I finance my car with TLT (Toyota). Been their customer and this brand's customer since 2003.

Had a buyer lined up to buy my truck. All ok. They were going to finance the balance and pay me the equity. Big bundle of cash on the table. All smiles.

Not venting that I had to give 3 copies of my entire passport, 3 copies of my work permit and  underwear size.

 

Venting because, TLT refused to start the paperwork because my visa expires Dec 25. Never mind that it is the preliminary visa where the migra wait 30 days before they stamp the other 11 months.

 

Talking with the finance guy was fruitless and I was just getting angrier, but did not show it. My lovely poor wife had to translate. 

 

Here is the kicker: My paperwork was OK TO BUY A NEW CAR, not to sell it. Arai wa? I told the guy that I can buy a car with a visa that expires in 25 days and drive it to Burma, but I cannot sell the car?

 

No use. TLT got up and walked away. The buyers got scared and did not want to leave a deposit to hold the sale next month. Sigh. 

What on earth could the validity date of your visa have to do with you selling  your car? Did they give you an explanation about this? Are they now immigration officers all of a sudden?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, oompie69 said:

What on earth could the validity date of your visa have to do with you selling  your car? Did they give you an explanation about this? Are they now immigration officers all of a sudden?

TLT policy, apparently. But, should have bought a car, installed a gps spoof and showed I was in Laos!!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

Thanks for knowing everything about our marriage. She has been a homemaker and a fabulous one for 18 years. No legal income. Thanks for the suggestion!

Apologies for the harsh reply in a rush 😇 in my experience in Thailand vehicles whatever in my wife's just makes life easier to change things. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, oompie69 said:

TLT refused to start the paperwork because my visa expires Dec 25.

 

So he thought you were leaving never to return and they can simply repossess

the vehicle. "It's just business"

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Well TIT in your situation if you had been trusting enough to have the truck in your wife's name you would not of had a problem, som nom na.

 

There have been countless fellows who took your advice and ended up with no wife AND no car.

 

I was once told by the bank the reason for my fixed account Credit Card application  denial was because my retirement extension was due to expire in 6 weeks.     They didn't care that i explained i could do nothing about that.     Had to wait until extension was done.

 

 

 

Edited by Andy from Kent
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Andy from Kent said:

 

There have been countless fellows who took your advice and ended up with no wife AND no car.

 

I was once told by the bank the reason for my fixed account Credit Card application  denial was because my retirement extension was due to expire in 6 weeks.     They didn't care that i explained i could do nothing about that.     Had to wait until extension was done.

 

 

 

Well at least in Thailand if you're legally married you get 50% try getting that in western countries with kids involved. 😂

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2020 at 6:21 PM, NanLaew said:

Technically, your immigration status was "under consideration".

 

If you were dealing with the finance company, it was still their car, not yours.

 

Get in touch with the potential buyer once your 1-year extension has been issued. Maybe they didn't want to leave a deposit tied up but maybe they didn't find another vehicle either.

 

I agree, Thai bureaucracy can be really frustrating.

Frustrating is an understatement.

I went into True to try and set up a direct debit to pay for my internet. They demanded to see my work permit.

I dont have a work permit I'm retired. Pointed out my retirement visa stamp in my passport.

No good. Must have work permit.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

So if a foreigner is leaving Thailand near the end of his visa TLT won't let him sell it? 

 Is it because they figure they will get the car, half paid for, back anyway in one month?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...