Scotland's Sturgeon hints at legal move if independence vote blocked

snoop1130

Just now, vogie said:

Nobody has ever told Scotland what to do, the Scots themselves have chosen to stay within the UK, those are the facts, I'm sorry if it hurts you so much to face them.

Not tell, but spread a lot of propaganda to influence the decision of the vote. Even the BBC was biased. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Didn’t they need permission to hold a referendum from the UK? Isn’t that what this article here is all about? 

Seeing that Scotland is part of the UK, who else are they going to get permission off, Wee Wullie McBride the local haggis distiller?

Edited by vogie

12 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

When I was at school, there was a strong anti-English feeling. I remember playing rugby and cricket against Prince Edward, what a bunch of <deleted>. 

You must have been from the same ilk, the same priviledged background to be playing sport against royalty

• Like 1

Just now, welovesundaysatspace said:

So someone is telling them what to do or not do. Westminster, not Wee Wullie McBride.

Somebody needs to tell them what to do, have you seen the decline of Scotland since the SNP have taken over. But the main point here without you twisting everything that anyone says is that the Scots have chosen to remain within our union, yes or no?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

For Brexit that was just good enough ???? 

For Brexit, the majority who voted wanted to Leave. We left. No second vote.

For Indyref, the majority who voted wanted to Remain. You remained. No second vote.

That's Democracy in action.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Victornoir said:

The English foolishly voted Brexit. Not Scotland.

It is perfectly legitimate that the Scots refuse to let themselves be drawn into the fall.

And the more Westminster refuses a new consultation, the more it will inflate the number of its opponents.

If you still want it, Scottish friends, we will keep your place warm for a reunion which will be celebrated one day soon with jubilation and mutual esteem.

More ill informed nonsense designed to flame, the United Kingdom voted for Brexit, hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Victornoir said:

It is perfectly legitimate that the Scots refuse to let themselves be drawn into the fall.

And the more Westminster refuses a new consultation, the more it will inflate the number of its opponents.

If you still want it, Scottish friends, we will keep your place warm for a reunion which will be celebrated one day soon with jubilation and mutual esteem.

Headline news here ?

E.U to allow an independent Scotland to join the E.U .

That needs a thread of its own

8 minutes ago, Victornoir said:

It was a UK wide vote on Brexit. Not one for England, one for Scotland, one for Wales, NI etc.

I very much doubt they will be allowed into the EU, they don't meet the criteria. In the unlikely event they are allowed a second vote, and the even unlikelier event they vote to Leave, they will be a small, isolated country of 5 million people freezing their nuts off in the North Sea. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, stevenl said:

The earlier they do it, the more chance of a pro independence vote.

I'd agree. Once Brexit has been proven a success and Project Fear proven a pack of lies it will be much more difficult to convince them to isolate themselves for Sturgeon's personal gain.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

For Brexit, the majority who voted wanted to Leave. We left. No second vote.

Nope, you voted to remain. You kept moaning about it. You got a second vote. That turned out to be leave. 

35 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

For Indyref, the majority who voted wanted to Remain. You remained. No second vote. That's Democracy in action.

Up to the Scottish to decide whether to have another vote or not. Their fate ain’t your business. That’s democracy. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

You’re living in the past. The world has moved on. You gotta catch up with what’s happening now rather than clinging to what was. The Scots had chosen to remain in the UK. They might now decide to leave. We will see. 

So basically you are saying the only facts we have is that the Scots wish to remain in the UK.

You are not going to believe this but there are many on here Euros as well as homegrown Brits who because they lost in the EU referendum, they would like to see the UK split up just out of spite, now I'm sure if you knew somebody like that, it is hoped that you would severely rebuke them.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Nope, you voted to remain. You kept moaning about it. You got a second vote. That turned out to be leave. 

Up to the Scottish to decide whether to have another vote or not. Their fate ain’t your business. That’s democracy. 

Like , have a Scottish referendum asking the Scottish people whether they should have a referendum or not ?

31 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Among three other countries that get a say in this. Imagine it had been up to the EU parliament (of which the UK was a part of) to give permission to hold a referendum and/or to leave the EU. The same people who now insist that England should have a say in Scottish matters would have cried big foul. 

Why are you so supportive of Scottish independence ?

Do you see it as some king of revenge on England/UK , because we decided to leave you ?

We left you , you try to break us up .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Surelynot said:

I still don't understand why Brexiteers (and the English in particular) give a monkey's about Scotland wanting independence?

Why do you even care?

Personally, I am an Englishman who has always been not particularly bothered. They had their vote six years ago, it was not in favour of independence then.

If they want another just go and do it - it is your business.I suspect that many of the English feel the same way! Frankly anything to stop the whining from north of the border.

Just now, herfiehandbag said:

Personally, I am an Englishman who has always been not particularly bothered. They had their vote six years ago, it was not in favour of independence then.

If they want another just go and do it - it is your business.I suspect that many of the English feel the same way! Frankly anything to stop the whining from north of the border.

Yeah, let the English vote and they will probably get a leave result

• Like 2