Scotland's Sturgeon hints at legal move if independence vote blocked

snoop1130

37 minutes ago, vogie said:

So basically you are saying the only facts we have is that the Scots wish to remain in the UK.

Nope, the facts you have is that the Scots voted (past tense) to remain in the UK, and that they may (vote to) leave the UK. You don’t know what “the Scots wish”, and you won’t know if you (UK) keep blocking a referendum. 

37 minutes ago, vogie said:

You are not going to believe this but there are many on here Euros as well as homegrown Brits who because they lost in the EU referendum, they would like to see the UK split up just out of spite, now I'm sure if you knew somebody like that, it is hoped that you would severely rebuke them.

You are not going to believe this but I’m not one of those. I wouldn’t mind to see the UK split up because I think those who throw abusive language and lies (Brexiteers) deserve it. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Nope, the facts you have is that the Scots voted (past tense) to remain in the UK, and that they may (vote to) leave the UK. You don’t know what “the Scots wish”, and you won’t know if you (UK) keep blocking a referendum. 

'May vote to leave' is not a fact and we do know the Scots wish because they told us. The UK has not blocked any referendum, they were granted one in 2014.

5 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

You are not going to believe this but I’m not one of those. I wouldn’t mind to see the UK split up because I think those who throw abusive language and lies (Brexiteers) deserve it. 

Why would the Brexiteers throw any abusive language, they don't have to, they won, it is only the losers that are intent on this childish name calling. Now the remainers have thrown as many toys out of the pram as they can, they have none left and are now having to smash their pram up.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Do they swear and tell lies do they , ? they need to be made to stand on the naughty step until they start crying 

1 hour ago, CorpusChristie said:

Why are you so supportive of Scottish independence ?

I’m not. It’s up to them. As I wrote before. 

Do you see it as some king of revenge on England/UK , because we decided to leave you ?

I don’t have an issue with England/UK. I also don’t mind if those who insult and lie reap what they sowed. 

We left you , you try to break us up .

Who do you mean when you say “you”? You neither left me nor do I have any leverage to break you up. If you mean the EU, the same applies. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

I’m not. It’s up to them. As I wrote before. 

I don’t have an issue with England/UK. I also don’t mind if those who insult and lie reap what they sowed. 

Who do you mean when you say “you”? You neither left me nor do I have any leverage to break you up. If you mean the EU, the same applies. 

You just keep calling people liars all the time ................lets talk about the bus again and have the same conversation that we've been having for four years now . 

Your second reply will be " Its not 1.6 Billion, the UK gets a rebate"

44 minutes ago, vogie said:

we do know the Scots wish because they told us.

Wrong. You know what was the wish of the Scots in 2014. The electorate today is not the one of 2014, and their wish may have changed. So you don’t what their wish is. You’re living in the past. 

The UK has not blocked any referendum, they were granted one in 2014.

Again, you’re living in the past. According to your own PM, it is or would be blocking one. Good if not. Let’s see. 

Why would the Brexiteers throw any abusive language

Because they knew their only realistic chance to win the referendum was by doing it the Trump way, lies, disinformation, verbal abuse. Had Brexiteers been decent democratic people, no one would feel Schadenfreude; people would probably have wished you well (including me). But had Brexiteers been decent democratic people, they wouldn’t have won the referendum in the first place. 

Edited by welovesundaysatspace
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

You just keep calling people liars all the time ................

I was answering your question. Sorry if you don’t like the answer. 

lets talk about the bus again and have the same conversation that we've been having for four years now . 

Your second reply will be " Its not 1.6 Billion, the UK gets a rebate"

What do you suggest instead? Let’s forgive and move on and be friends? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AlexO said:

Scotland voted in the 2014 referendum to remain part of the United Kingdom, the 2016 EU referendum was not based on regional results but on National results. The SNP economic projections in 2014 of how much to set up a duplicate Scottish Government were blatant lies (Salmond quoted around 2 billion total) its working out at around 2 billion a department!! Scotland's fiscal deficit for the limited devolved responsibilities they have are running at about 8% (some 15 billion)GDP. Max deficit to even be allowed to apply for membership to the EU is 3%. Huge spending cuts required over years to achieve this. The SNP would have everyone believe they speak for all of Scotland, truth is they are a minority leadership party only kept in power with with the support of 6 unelected Green, list MSP's who get virtually every stupid tree hugging demand so they will continue voting with the SNP. Scots are not stupid, they see the mess the SNP has made of Scotland's education standards, the Scottish Health Service, Police Scotland and Law and Order generally. Scots know that the SNP have starved Local Authorities of cash in favour of more central command and the continuous stream of freebies for vote winners. They are a one trick pony and pretty poor trick it is too. The referendum will not take place because the SNP know that they cannot run an independent  Scotland without massive subsidies from others   

Absolutely spot on. Full agreement there.

Funny how none of the 'but Brexit' separatists have chosen to argue the fundamental truth about what a total bloody shambles lies north of the border.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Because they knew their only realistic chance to win the referendum was by doing it the Trump way, lies, disinformation, verbal abuse. Had Brexiteers been decent democratic people, no one would feel Schadenfreude; people would probably have wished you well (including me). But had Brexiteers been decent democratic people, they wouldn’t have won the referendum in the first place.

Misinformation and plainly just being wrong from both side .

Didnt the Remainers predict/state that we would all go hungry because no one one work on the farms or pick the produce and that ,many of us would die because drugs couldnt be imported from Europe and that fuel supply would be curtailed .

If we left the E.U. we would all either starve to death , freeze to death or diesin hospital because there were no drugs available

• Like 1

2 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Misinformation and plainly just being wrong from both side .

Didnt the Remainers predict/state that we would all go hungry because no one one work on the farms or pick the produce and that ,many of us would die because drugs couldnt be imported from Europe and that fuel supply would be curtailed .

If we left the E.U. we would all either starve to death , freeze to death or diesin hospital because there were no drugs available

Yet another thread about Scotland's quest for independence is hijacked by the "but Brexit" separatists.

Don't encourage them.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Just like a few Catalonian politicians can't unilaterally decide to leave Spain; or Corsica France; or Wallonia Belgium; Sturgeon can't decide to leave the UK. 

How then can Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland compete as independent and sovereign nations in international sporting events? I don't see Cataluna or Corsica do that.

6 hours ago, Neeranam said:

They will lose a lot of money and might be kicked out their summer home. The grouse will be smiling. 

Might want to check your facts before posting nonsense.

"Tax revenue generated in Scotland amounts to about £66 billion, including North Sea oil revenue, but it benefits from about £81 billion in public spending. That means Scotland benefits from £15 billion more than it puts in. This is possible because the UK pools and shares resources across the entire country." Infact England contributes approximately 85% of the entire UK's GDP

Edited by Patts
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Patts said:

Might want to check your facts before posting nonsense.

"Tax revenue generated in Scotland amounts to about £66 billion, including North Sea oil revenue, but it benefits from about £81 billion in public spending. That means Scotland benefits from £15 billion more than it puts in. This is possible because the UK pools and shares resources across the entire country."

Does that come from the same source which claimed the UK pays 350 Million pounds a week to the EU

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Susco said:

Does that come from the same source which claimed the UK pays 350 Million pounds a week to the EU

Not something i've ever claimed so not sure why you would mention that. 

Scot's pay more tax per capita than people in  England but on average they receive an extra £3000 per head through free education, free perscriptions etc.

"From free medicine to free education, taxpayers in Scotland get the best deal anywhere in the UK." Quote from the SNP

Edited by Patts

12 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Why not ignore what was written and  change the subject ?

I choose to see this post, as I suspected it was an ignorant reply to my post just above it.

There is a reason why you are on my ignore list for the last 6 months, so not ignoring anything else

7 minutes ago, vogie said:

Nearly 40% of Scots voted for Brexit as well, so it is not as cut and dried as some of you may think. Newcastle voted to remain but you have to go on the total result and stop cherry picking the results to suit yourself.

No, 38% voted leave, so your nearly 40% isn't even nearly as good as nearly 50% of the Brits voted to remain.

Oh, and do you notice the word countries in the below screenshot.

image.png.a9ef5580311f4a78fd3c338f9a5b627a.png

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

????  You took me off ignore, just to tell me that you have me on ignore ???? 

I wouldn't even dream of taking you off ignore, same as I wouldn't with that other one that is on ignore.

I won't even mention his name, as he will report it as a personal attack

image.png.5c9013794c072e2bec99279e0388d5bb.png

1 minute ago, Susco said:

No, 38% voted leave, so your nearly 40% isn't even nearly as good as nearly 50% of the Brits voted to remain.

Oh, and do you notice the word countries in the below screenshot.

image.png.a9ef5580311f4a78fd3c338f9a5b627a.png

I thought you had me on ignore too.????????????

Twist the figures as much as you like but more people voted leave than remain, and oh this is not another Brexit thread for you to derail.

• Haha 2