Pattaya store selling laptops, 12-inch to 14-inch?

Grin Grasser

After the lockdown was lifted and businesses were allowed to open in late summer 2020, I visited Central Festival mall and Tukcom, Pattaya South Road.

I noticed that their stores had less than half of the number of laptops displayed in Jan-Feb 2020.  There were no 12-inch notebook-sized laptop and few laptop priced under 20,000 baht.  Of course, some laptops did not have a standard operating system, which would add a few more thousands of baht.  Also, available laptops had no read/write cd-rom drive and usually two or less usb ports.

Are there other and better stores selling laptops in Pattaya?  I have visited Pattaya many timess, but do not know much of the town.  I am one of those expats trapped in Pattaya due to the worldwide lockdown and no-fly commerical international flights.

Also, possibly a Pattaya store selling various models of Microsoft Surface?

Thanks in advance.

I have seen some pretty amazing offers in ITcom (Tukcom), maybe check again?

Otherwise check out Wattana Systemation, opposite Foodland on Pattaya Tai. Different brands and models. Shop is an official reseller and repair shop i.e. for HP and they ordered a new (internal) battery for my 3y old Laptop from the US and installed it. They did it for the same price as Tokcom shops, but with original battery and warranty.

I bought via Amazon, then I get a laptop without Thai letters.

A bit tax is added when buying but I got some of it back after a while.

When I look for a laptop, I check as many reviews as possible and try to narrow down what I want. Then when I know what I want I start searching on-line stores for it.

I bought a laptop for my daughter at Banana IT in Central and it was okay price wise and on the specs. 

Thanks for the comments.

I use Lazada for small value items.  I have received defective external hard drives (2TB when my order was for 1TB) and defective  usb 128gb memory sticks (laptop would not read the first and some of the second would not copy files, both type were exFAT).  I tried lazada's search and got nothing for notebook, Surface, etc.  It listed several really low-priced RECONDITIONED laptop.  But then, on second thought, the bother of returning a purchase would be too high and also too time-consuming.

I have not used Amazon, because it will not quote its international shipping fee until the end of the purchase process.  Also, what about Custom duty?

I have not checked Tukcom prices for about 3 weeks.  I will go back.

The ok laptop price at Banana, Cent Fest, might reflect the limited inventory on display mentioned in my opening post.

Wattana.  Thanks for the lead.  I have to check it out.

Yesterday at Central Festival, no real change in laptops on display at Power Buy.  Banana has Microsoft Surface, and no other brand.

Today at Tukcom on Pattaya Tai (South) Road, JIB, Power Buy, and the store across from the escalator on 3rd floor have some new models of Lenovo and Asus.  A few models were priced under 20,000 baht, including one model at about 10,000 baht.  However, the lowest-price models besides lacking CD-ROM drive usually, lacked the tv port to VGA on a television, LAN (internet) port, and HDMI port, have only two USB ports, and lacked a Microsoft Windows operating system (available for more money).  Higher=priced models usually has more features.

On 12/12/2020 at 12:18 AM, Bruce Aussie Chiang Mai said:

Don't buy anything below cat 6 white cable or you will be sorry in near future. Longer cable needs be better quality.

Thanks.  I already learned that the hard way.  Cat 6 cable is better than non-rated cable.  Unfortunately, I cannot locate a Cat 6 shielded cable for my cable tv connection through a simple single-plug (non-coaxial, not a screw on) sort of RCA plug.  I get some interference on a few analog channels and poor-to-no signal on a few digital channels.

Laptop decision.

I bought a so-called Pro model of a laptop.  Because it had 4 usb ports, LAN port, VGA port (better for showing a laptop screen than a HDMI).  I had to make additional purchases of SSD 256 gb drive (for fast startup) and Win10 operating system (received a Pro version).  Total, under 16,000 baht.  I may have to go back and add a 8 gb RAM to the current 4gb.  Thus, the PRO model did not have everything.  3-year guarantee.

There were cheaper models, but they had much less.  And, I am a little tired of having to deal with extra cables, adapters, and devices to get what I need and performancee glitches.

Thanks everyone for your comments.