Twice in a night! Woman tries change scam at Nonthaburi shops

webfact

Twice in a night! Woman tries change scam at Nonthaburi shops

2pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Sanook reported what they described as an attractive woman with blonde hair who tried to con sales staff twice on Sunday night in the Pak Kret area of Nonthaburi. 

On both occasions first at a KFC then at a Mini Big C she claimed that staff had not given her enough change.

In reality she deliberately dropped 500 baht. 

In the first incident at KFC near the entrance to Muang Thong Thani on Tiwanon Road the woman was buying some spicy wings for 50 baht and handed over 1,000 baht. 

The staffer handed back 950 baht then an argument developed because she said she was only given 450 baht. 

A manager came and suggested looking at the CCTV. The customer then "found" the money on the floor and walked out without buying anything.

Later at Big C in Soi Wat Ku, Sukhaprachasan 1 Road, the same woman bought something worth 60 baht and handed over 40 baht.

The staffer said it was not enough so she gave them 1,000 baht. The correct change of 940 baht was then given.

Again she dropped 500 on the floor and discovered it after the staffer suggested looking at CCTV.

Staff went online to warn about the woman because if she was successful employees could find they would lose salary.

There was no suggestion that the woman was a foreigner, notes Thaivisa; she probably has dyed hair. 

Soure: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-12-01

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

I think you'll find this regulation is to stop the employees taking money out of the till saying it must have been a change issue.

When an operative starts a shift at the till it is checked, again at end of shift, they are liable for any money missing.

Under those conditions they should be able to keep any "overs" in the till

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

I think you'll find this regulation is to stop the employees taking money out of the till saying it must have been a change issue.

When an operative starts a shift at the till it is checked, again at end of shift, they are liable for any money missing.

Yes, it's to protect against theft by the employee. However if there is no theft by the employee - it is still applied - that's the problem.

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Yes, it's to protect against theft by the employee. However if there is no theft by the employee - it is still applied - that's the problem.

the problem is that it's mostly not possible to prove there was no theft by the employee.

I would be interested to know how both CCTV recordings got together.

Edited by tgw

It would be nice if ATM's were to deliver more 100 THB notes so that we are not dependent on the likes of 711 to change 1000 and 500 THB notes. I am weary of the 500 THB scam in which change is given for 100 THB and not 500 THB. They do look a bit the same.

6 hours ago, tgw said:

I would be interested to know how both CCTV recordings got together.

5 minutes ago, Almer said:

Yes me also

Not sure what you mean by "got together"?

Sanook (or whoever) got copies of CCTV footage from each of the venues, the pic above is a composite of a grab of each video.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Not sure what you mean by "got together"?

Sanook (or whoever) got copies of CCTV footage from each of the venues, the pic above is a composite of a grab of each video.

obviously the mysterious part is how did Sanook (or whoever) know about the CCTV footage showing the same woman at these precise times doing her scam in these locations.

Edited by tgw

1 hour ago, tgw said:

obviously the mysterious part is how did Sanook (or whoever) know about the CCTV footage showing the same woman at these precise times doing her scam in these locations.

Ahh, got you now.

The usual super sleuthing that happens to tie incidents together. Suspicious activity gossiped about, passed onto other retailers to "watch out" for, story makes it's way through the grape vines, report made to police, police gather CCTV footage, local journos get hold of it via normal contacts.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tgw said:

On 12/1/2020 at 9:04 AM, webfact said:

Staff went online to warn about the woman because if she was successful employees could find they would lose salary.

So mysterious init, Doh

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, ukrules said:

That's part of the problem right there.

Where do they draw the line? How about armed robbery? Do the staff collectively owe whatever's stolen?

Employees are not and should not be held accountable / liable for the day to day troubles of a small business operator.

What if they are complicit in it? How to know? 

What if the woman is a TV member and reading this now.....she is internet famous at the very least-busted

If I was ever behind her Im sure I would see that purple bill falling to the floor and telling her to look down ,as she gives farangs a bad name...is she not aware of all the cameras in 7-11s?  Not a very good scammer either

19 hours ago, Qualibus said:

How do her scams as a Thai woman give foreigners a bad name?

Sanook reported what they described as an attractive woman with blonde hair who tried to con sales staff twice on Sunday night in the Pak Kret area of Nonthaburi.      I underlined it for you......and made it slanty

2 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

Sanook reported what they described as an attractive woman with blonde hair who tried to con sales staff twice on Sunday night in the Pak Kret area of Nonthaburi.      I underlined it for you......and made it slanty

Could have been a wig 

4 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:
23 hours ago, Qualibus said:

How do her scams as a Thai woman give foreigners a bad name?

Yes, I did read that and nowhere, in any reports, whether you underline it and make it "slanty" [sic] or not, are there suggestions that she may be a foreigner so there's no chance whatsoever that this Thai woman could be giving foreigners a bad name.   

On 11/30/2020 at 6:04 PM, webfact said:

There was no suggestion that the woman was a foreigner, notes Thaivisa; she probably has dyed hair. 

and more likely because she had Thai features 

Re:

5 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

Sanook reported what they described as an attractive woman with blonde hair who tried to con sales staff twice on Sunday night in the Pak Kret area of Nonthaburi.      I 

Looks more like a plump little woman of Asian decent to me.....

you can watch the 9 minute kfc video

here: https://www.sanook.com/news/8306810/

Edited by Seth1a2a