Buriram: Senior policeman guns down ex-wife and friends in crowded restaurant - wife critical others dead

webfact

Buriram: Senior policeman guns down ex-wife and friends in crowded restaurant - wife critical others dead

4pm.jpg
Picture: Sanook

Sanook reported on a shocking incident at a restaurant in the Non Suwan district of Buriram in the north east of Thailand around 8 pm on Sunday night.

In front of startled diners and other members of the public, senior sergeant major Aram, 44, shot his former wife Nujarin, 42.

The nurse at Non Suwan hospital is in a critical condition in Buriram Hospital. 

Aram also used his 9 mm gun to shoot Jaran and his wife Somkhit, friends of his ex-wife. They were both killed.

It is understood that all three shooting victims were co-owners in the restaurant. The shooter was reported as believing that his ex had had an affair with Jaran.

Aram gave himself up to Non Suwan police after the incident. He was denied bail and placed on suicide watch.

He has been charged with premeditated murder. He was being interviewed on Monday because he was in no fit state to face questions on Sunday night.

Sanook went to the house of the couple who were killed. This was in the village of Ban Noi Ubon in Non Suwan sub-district. 

Phaitoon, 63, Jaran's mother had failed to come to terms with the loss of her son and daughter-in-law. 

She said they were breadwinners of the family and now their two boys were orphaned and she would have to look after them. 

She said that she had no idea about an affair between her son and Nujarin and called for the law to take its course.

Jaran's elder sister Chalee,46, also had no idea about an affair though she said that the three victims were all co-owners of the restaurant and that the shooting was not likely to have been a dispute over the restaurant. 

Aram was denied bail due to the shocking nature of the crime and fears he would be involved in witness tampering.

Soure: Sanook

• Sad 6

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Jaran's elder sister Chalee,46, also had no idea about an affair though she said that the three victims were all co-owners of the restaurant and that the shooting was not likely to have been a dispute over the restaurant. 

48 minutes ago, ronaldo0 said:

I think probably something to do with the restaurant. He was probably getting a payment out of it or was a part owner also before and they cut him out of it when he separated from his wife .

The reason I said that was my Thai Uncle, by marriage, got drunk and shot his neighbor in the chest (dead) as my uncle thought he was having an affair with his wife.

That was on a Tuesday, on the Wednesday he was sentenced to 5 years and now, five years later, he is back living next door to the widow as if nothing happened......

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

27 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

The reason I said that was my Thai Uncle, by marriage, got drunk and shot his neighbor in the chest (dead) as my uncle thought he was having an affair with his wife.

That was on a Tuesday, on the Wednesday he was sentenced to 5 years and now, five years later, he is back living next door to the widow as if nothing happened......

Sad story, must be hard for the widow seeing him all the time.

And here I thought Buriram was suppose to be a quaint and slow paced town, where everything was Sabai, Sabai.  Looks like Anutins home town is not a very safe place and now I wonder if when they start growing marijuana in indoor grows if there will be home invasion robberies and more murders.  RIP to the 3 the RTP officer decided to send out of this world for his own personal reasons instead of just moving on.  Such fragile ego's and then they are given guns as well.  Must not be very good background checks or psych evaluations they need to pass, oh yeah that's right they have to buy their positions.

an excellent case for the martial govt to dole out a serious statement of intent.premeditated multiple murder ,gottta be death.i bet the inmates might help out when the judge comes up short.theres nothing better than justice for a thai cop

Edited by rupert the bear
typo

12 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

And here I thought Buriram was suppose to be a quaint and slow paced town, where everything was Sabai, Sabai.  Looks like Anutins home town is not a very safe place and now I wonder if when they start growing marijuana in indoor grows if there will be home invasion robberies and more murders.  RIP to the 3 the RTP officer decided to send out of this world for his own personal reasons instead of just moving on.  Such fragile ego's and then they are given guns as well.  Must not be very good background checks or psych evaluations they need to pass, oh yeah that's right they have to buy their positions.

Not so sleepy remember a guy Newin Chidchob?