Long jail terms for all: 2019 Udom Suk motorcycle taxi brawl that killed Kerry staffer

webfact

4 hours ago, smutcakes said:

Always amazes me when the sentences are handed down to regular Somchai's- the speed and severity of the sentencing as if the police and courts trying to prove a point.

All it really does is showcase the disparities between how hi so's are treated by police and courts compared to the average person.

Your right of course HiSo's get extension after extension. But this was really shocking huge fight broad daylight and a death. So an example had to be made. 

But yes I think that that PTP politician that killed the rich guy and maybe his (ex) wife and tried to escape and murder of a judges brother is getting of with lighter punishment and less swift action. (strange actually as the guy was in the opposition and they normally come down hard on those)

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

There doesn't seem much point in adding a B5,000 fine to a 27 year jail sentence.  They will obviously not be able to work to pay off the fines with interest, if they can't pay now. So the fines will just increase their jail terms.  I wonder how they came up with a fine of 6,666.66 with the 6 year sentnce.  Must have calculated two thirds of 10,000 for some obscure reason and didn't want to round up.  Finding the last 16 satang will be hard if he pays in cash.  Perhaps the judge thought he would win the lottery with lucky sixes if he have that sentence. 

In addition X, Best, Muk and Am were ordered to pay 280,000 baht compensation with 7.5% yearly interest.!?!?!?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, robblok said:

Your right of course HiSo's get extension after extension. But this was really shocking huge fight broad daylight and a death. So an example had to be made. 

But yes I think that that PTP politician that killed the rich guy and maybe his (ex) wife and tried to escape and murder of a judges brother is getting of with lighter punishment and less swift action. (strange actually as the guy was in the opposition and they normally come down hard on those)

It was a big fight in broad daylight, that happen all over at night. You should not get extra time because of the time of day. In addition there are countless cases-  The recent (8 year old ) red Bull case, and countless others. 25 years for brawling....? Come on!

34 minutes ago, Venom said:

That's odd, it looks like a police officer at the start of the video. ????

There are two police officers strolling around in the road.

Not much two cops can do really against large violent groups until the cavalry arrive?

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

It was a big fight in broad daylight, that happen all over at night. You should not get extra time because of the time of day. In addition there are countless cases-  The recent (8 year old ) red Bull case, and countless others. 25 years for brawling....? Come on!

25 years for brawling.. are we reading the same article. A guy got shot and died ? I don't call that just brawling. 25 years is a good sentence for killing someone. 

• Like 2

Just for the record I am more scared of getting caught up in something like this where groups of people attack and someone gets killed then a personal attack at me to kill me.

I really feel that the sentence is justified, because someone died. The gunman is the main responsible of course but also those that helped start the fight. 

This is not simple brawling (if nobody died and some light injured sure). A gun was used. I really do feel that stuff like this that totally gets out of hand and leaves someone dead need to be dealt with harslhy.

Sure the HISO's  should be getting their punishment faster too. But that does not excuse the idiots that started this fight and brought a gun (or guns and knives) to the fight disregarding the life of bystanders. The guy that died was a bystander. Not one of the two groups. 

So i disagree with @smutcakes that this was simple brawling. If that was the case do it somewhere on a secluded terrain where no innocent bystanders get hurt. Plus dont use weapons. then its a brawl. This was dangerous for those around them and the proof is the bystander that died.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

25 years for brawling.. are we reading the same article. A guy got shot and died ? I don't call that just brawling. 25 years is a good sentence for killing someone. 

There were 4 people who were sentenced for over 24 years, i am not sure how they could all shoot the gun together- anyway if it was how cases were treated i am all for harsh punishment, but in a land of bent justice system in light of what is currently happening in the country the speed and length of the conclusion of this case just goes to show the inequality in the law and policing in the country.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, robblok said:

No they did not all shoot the gun together, but they created the circumstances that led to the death of the bystander. So yea its normal that the ringleaders and the one that shot get punished more harshly. 

I do agree about the inequality of the law. But I really find it a good thing that they came down hard on these guys. Just imagine your walking past somewhere all of a sudden a fight starts and you get caught up in it and get wounded or die. Total disregard for other life. 

But yes they could procecute HISO's faster and harsher too. 

Well its a completely failed justice system if there are such disparities in the treatment of people. 

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

I think you went far of-course here mixing somachai's and hiso, hiso will not be caught dead brawling as such.. these are brain-dead thugs who resort to thuggery to settle a dispute like animals, and like animals they were dealt with and locked up in cages just like the animals they'are...

In our own countries thugs like that would get a slap on the wrist, at best.

More likely, bleeding heart liberals would defend these thugs and paint them as victims of society. And, of course, cry "injustice" and bring in some hiso fudder. 

Thailand shows swift and decisive and meaningful sentences handed to these people. Keep it up Thailand, for a safe Thailand. (here its safe to walk the streets day and night, now try that at yr home country!)

Thailand, no covid, safe streets, and still many farang only can complain.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, ujayujay said:

Put them in Jail for ever with zero fines; How they will pay!

Perhaps it is effectively a life sentence since if they do not pay when they get out they can go back to jail