Long jail terms for all: 2019 Udom Suk motorcycle taxi brawl that killed Kerry staffer

webfact

11 hours ago, smutcakes said:

Always amazes me when the sentences are handed down to regular Somchai's- the speed and severity of the sentencing as if the police and courts trying to prove a point.

All it really does is showcase the disparities between how hi so's are treated by police and courts compared to the average person.

Yeap 1 hi so that 'allegedly' killed a cop while drunk driving is still free 

5 hours ago, smutcakes said:

There were 4 people who were sentenced for over 24 years, i am not sure how they could all shoot the gun together- anyway if it was how cases were treated i am all for harsh punishment, but in a land of bent justice system in light of what is currently happening in the country the speed and length of the conclusion of this case just goes to show the inequality in the law and policing in the country.

Some states if a person is murdered anyone involved is charged with murder 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, webfact said:

The fight was between a gang of riders from Soi 1 led by a man called Pramuk or Muk who attacked the Soi 2 rank with sticks, knives and in some cases guns. The #2 rank defended themselves with sticks and knives. 

In all, some 50-60 riders from Soi 1 attacked 20-30 others from #2 rank in the street fight in the middle of the road 

Which gang won the fight? 

I've seen a similar fight where an outnumbered gang can still come out on top with powerful backup.
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, ronaldo0 said:

Bet they are really worried about paying their fines ! ????????????

they would be stupid not to.

The way the thai sentencing system works is you receive a lot of sentence discounts, for admitting guilt, remorse, good behavior, the Kings birthday AND paying your fines.

On 12/1/2020 at 11:44 AM, JeffersLos said:

6.6 years and a 6666.66 baht fine.

Did the judge have a stutter or was he just hok ing out a cough. 

"...some of the fines and sentences were reduced slightly because of admissions". 

Percentage reductions.