Diesel Auto Start - sorry can't find the thread

carlyai

A while ago there was a thread on Auto Start modules for single phase and 3 phase. Sorry but I can't find it or where I've saved it. Could I please be pointed in the right direction?

Also, how do you stop the beast starting in the night time and if it automatically starts with not much load, do you switch in a dummy load?

If you can't find the thread just ask what you need to know, many more things have become available now too.

Our genset starts at whatever time, but it's not really much hassle to add a "don't start at night" timer.

31 minutes ago, Crossy said:

If you can't find the thread just ask what you need to know, many more things have become available now too.

Our genset starts at whatever time, but it's not really much hassle to add a "don't start at night" timer.

Thank you. Have saved it in a special place again. Won't forget this time. ????

The 3 phase start was a unit sourced from the UK if I remember. Have a mate coming back here on the 21st so thought he may be able to bring back the unit.

That thread is a bit embarrassing, glad it's sort of gone, but brings back memories.

Thanks again. Don't worry about the timer, I thought you said at the time that your Gen set didn't come on after hours because didn't want to upset the neighbours. 

16 minutes ago, carlyai said:

Found it. ????

Ah yes, that unit. I'm actually using one after my cheap-Chinese controller expired.

My only reservation would be that the starter relay may be a little under-sized so I added a 50A "car type" relay to drive the starter solenoid (mounted at the genset itself).

You still need an automatic transfer switch to trigger this chap of course.  

• Like 1