Police, court officials to have discussions ahead of ruling on PM

webfact

ac95c5126899134d3e0b1972a90383a8_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - Police and Constitutional Court officials will have a meeting this week, ahead of a court ruling affecting Prime Minister and Defense Minister, Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha, on Wednesday (Dec 2). He is accused of illegally occupying an army house since his retirement from military service.

Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police Bureau, Pol. Lt. Gen. Pakapong Pongpetra, said today that police officers are preparing security plans, as Khana Ratsadon demonstrators are to gather outside the Constitutional Court on Wednesday. The court is scheduled to read its ruling on whether Gen. Prayut has a conflict of interest in staying in the army house, after having retired from military service.

Police and court officials will discuss security measures around the premises. The court may consider declaring some areas off-limits to protesters. The police have prepared security forces and plans to facilitate traffic and deal with the protest group.

The Chief Government Whip, Wirat Rattanaset, expressed concern over the issue, as the Prime Minister is the head of the government. Mr. Wirat said the government will not discuss candidates who may serve as acting prime minister, until the court’s ruling is made.

nnt.jpg
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, colinneil said:

It will be a very sad day for this country of the court rules in Prayuts favour.

Staying in the army house after retiring, or should i say after seizing power with a coup, shows how arrogant the man is, he thinks he can do want he wants, thinks he is above the law.

Nobody is above the law, oops silly me he makes up laws to suit himself.

That's only after retarding retiring from the army, not the government.

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, phetphet said:

Pity gambling is illegal here. I wouldn't mind a bet on what the court's decision will be.

I doubt you would even get a price.

Edited by anchadian

4 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Everybody has to follow the law, he told it himself 

He was granted tpermission to stay though,  conflict of interest "yes"

Illegal questionable since  he was granted it as "grace and favour" from the army

7 hours ago, webfact said:

ac95c5126899134d3e0b1972a90383a8_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - Police and Constitutional Court officials will have a meeting this week, ahead of a court ruling affecting Prime Minister and Defense Minister, Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha, on Wednesday (Dec 2). He is accused of illegally occupying an army house since his retirement from military service.

Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police Bureau, Pol. Lt. Gen. Pakapong Pongpetra, said today that police officers are preparing security plans, as Khana Ratsadon demonstrators are to gather outside the Constitutional Court on Wednesday. The court is scheduled to read its ruling on whether Gen. Prayut has a conflict of interest in staying in the army house, after having retired from military service.

Police and court officials will discuss security measures around the premises. The court may consider declaring some areas off-limits to protesters. The police have prepared security forces and plans to facilitate traffic and deal with the protest group.

The Chief Government Whip, Wirat Rattanaset, expressed concern over the issue, as the Prime Minister is the head of the government. Mr. Wirat said the government will not discuss candidates who may serve as acting prime minister, until the court’s ruling is made.

nnt.jpg

It looks as if the court ruling is already known

13 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

In my home country we call people who illegally occupy houses "squatters".

Here they call them "prime ministers" or "retired generals".

Ah, cultural differences...

In my home country we call people who were proven to having been involved in illegally bringing large quantities of heroin into the country „convicted drug dealers“.

Here they call them „ministers“ and „chairmen“.

In my home country we call people who ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, webfact said:

ruling on whether Gen. Prayut has a conflict of interest in staying in the army house, after having retired from military service.

Conflict of interest? What! our beloved leader his eminence, head of all ministry's, who has never told a lie, and believes in democracy. nah surely not. IF he ever appears in court what to wear will be a big decision for him. Any bets on what he'll wear. I'm going with this.

2141721478_images(34).jpg.88817321c761dcb581a42992cbc32932.jpg

• Haha 1