CNC milling in CM and around

biwog

I'm looking for a shop that can do some CNC milling work on a plastic case.

So far I've found services for CNC laser cutting or metal which can't do the milling in plastic.

Also the makerspace only sells monthly subscriptions but I need one time work on two devices so that would be too much.

Do you have any ideas?

52 minutes ago, biwog said:

So far I've found services for CNC laser cutting or metal which can't do the milling in plastic.

Also the makerspace only sells monthly subscriptions but I need one time work on two devices so that would be too much.

Do you have any ideas?

A good idea would have been to post your request for information in layman's terms so everyone can understand what you want.

Then, if you get a response from someone who seems knowledgeable you can go into technical details.

Just a thought... good luck finding what you need.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DeaconJohn said:

A good idea would have been to post your request for information in layman's terms so everyone can understand what you want.

Ok I will try... I'm looking for a service for computer aided (load file in machine) milling (like drilling but only in a line) service for a plastic case.

That's as layman-esque as I can put it. Even though I have a little doubt that I'll get the right lead without the term "CNC mill".

1 hour ago, biwog said:

Do you have any ideas?

Why are you asking for CNC when you only have 2 items to mill - just find a milling machine and do it by hand

2 minutes ago, canopus1969 said:

Why are you asking for CNC when you only have 2 items to mill - just find a milling machine and do it by hand

That's a valid option but I don't know where to find one. The CNC is for the aesthetics because each item will get multiple lines as an air intake.

A Tool Maker will do that by manually quicker then trying to program a computer

Try going onto industrial estates and look for plastic injection moulders as they usually have tool making  and something like that would be easy for them - and far cheaper than setting up a CNC mill

59 minutes ago, biwog said:

What's the name / location of this one?

name I do not know

Location left side of highway to Lampun just before or when you come to Lampun

it was set up for exporting companies to put up factories, not sure you can find what you want there as it is unlikely they operate as job shops

for what you want I would be looking for a smaller machine shop in Chiang Mai, not there

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/22/2020 at 7:05 AM, Charly2008 said:

I dont know how big your part is, but I have a CNC router for items 60x40 cm if that's enough I may can help you out.

That's plenty. I have something the size of a GameBoy shell (under 14x9cm).