Marriage extension under consideration not 30 days from package submission

Submitted the package on Nov 17th (wife was dealing with all of this since easier in Thai than English).  I as understood things, within 30 days from submission of the package the extension would be done and we would go in and get the stamp.  Just opened my passport for another reason and discovered the under consideration stamp says to come in on the 28th of Dec!!!  Right in the middle of our dive trip in Phuket.  Is this correct?

Thanks guys,

Could not wait, drove over to CM immigration and it is 30 days from the end of my Non-O visa based on marriage (frantically changing reservations for dive trip now).

One other tidbit, since it will be my 1st ever 90 day reporting due Feb 14th, it must be in person (no mailing, no online) for CM immigration.  I know you can do it 15 days in advance but how are the 15 days counted?  Could it be Jan 30th or Jan 31st?  Another trip to change...

Thanks again for your help!

6 minutes ago, DrPhibes said:

Thanks guys,

Could not wait, drove over to CM immigration and it is 30 days from the end of my Non-O visa based on marriage (frantically changing reservations for dive trip now).

One other tidbit, since it will be my 1st ever 90 day reporting due Feb 14th, it must be in person (no mailing, no online) for CM immigration.  I know you can do it 15 days in advance but how are the 15 days counted?  Could it be Jan 30th or Jan 31st?  Another trip to change...

You can mail first one at CW. Are you sure mail option not available at CM

12 minutes ago, DrPhibes said:

Thanks guys,

When they say 1 days before until 7 days after the reporting date is included in the count. So you can report on January 31st at the earliest, and February 20th at the latest.

Since both days fall on the weekend, in reality your window is between February 1st and February 19th.

8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You can mail first one at CW. Are you sure mail option not available at CM

CM specifically stated must be in person, no mailing, no online for this first reporting.  That of, course, is the requirements as of 90min ago at the visa desk...

my orig visa expire was Dec/22 .. we did the 1 year extension application on  Nov/26   ... the under consideration stamp to return is dated Dec / 28

and they stapled in a  90 day report due date for Feb / 23    ( Samut Prakan )   will be interesting to see what the actual final stamp date will be

28 minutes ago, Luuk Chaai said:

will be interesting to see what the actual final stamp date will be

If you current permit to stay date (not a visa expiration) is December 22nd your extension of stay (it is not a visa) will be valid to that day in 2021.

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Which one?

I see nothing wrong with any of the dates he mentioned.

The report back date. 
shorter period io cannot give as dox need to be send to hq, but, in principle io could allow for say a weeks’ delay to return for collection of result, couldn’t they?

Archived