Thai Passport for 16 year old

I need to renew Thai Passport for my16 year old daughter, but the wife is not available to attend. I found this on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website.

If an applicant is over 15 years of age but still has not reached the age of majority   wishes to apply for an e-Passport, what will the applicant need to do?
- Applicants over 15 years of age but have not reached the age of 20 can apply for an  e-Passport without parental accompaniment but will need to bring a letter of consent from their parents or a legal guardian.

My question is, does anyone have an example of the letter of consent or how it should be worded? or is it not needed as I will be present.

1 hour ago, jwest10 said:

What if not both available?

They would not get a passport unless somebody had been appointed sole custody.

If 15 or over only the parental consent is needed. They do not need to be present when the application is done.

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If 15 or over only the parental consent is needed. They do not need to be present when the application is done.

so someone under 14 one can not get a passport and even after 16 very difficult and everything is getting far too complicated here now. thanks.
However, under the present climate and what with insurance and fit to fly nearly impossible.
So if a child has not got sole custody how can she/he travel then?

15 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Thanks Joe you did answer it in post consent but things in general getting more and more complicated here now.

33 minutes ago, jwest10 said:

However, under the present climate and what with insurance and fit to fly nearly impossible.
So if a child has not got sole custody how can she/he travel then?

If neither parent was in the country it would possible for the parental consent form to be completed and mailed to the child or the person taking care of them. An embassy or official consulate could help with that.

Archived