Cat pee?

Susco

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:
2 hours ago, EricTh said:

I have used vinegar on my lawn but the grass wilts after I pour it.

Is there anything I can use without affecting the plants?

I was using coffee grounds.  Seemed to work very well for the yard.  Sadly, they are also in the back Thai kitchen and found they had sprayed there.  Sucks.

Don't bother with naphthalene (moth balls). My garden in Phuket town used to stink of the stuff - the cats would pee and poop between the balls.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Male cats will traverse the same route every day, marking their territory in the same spots.  I used to work at home with a large window in front of my desk.  Daily, I'd see the same cat making it's rounds of the neighborhood, scratching particular trees and peeing on spots with nothing worth scratching.

Most cats hate the smell of citrus.  Maybe spray the area with a citrus scented air freshener.

Edited by dddave
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

Don't bother with naphthalene (moth balls). My garden in Phuket town used to stink of the stuff - the cats would pee and poop between the balls.

Yes... you should have ground them up first...

• Like 1

I went outside before I went to sleep, just after midnight, and there were 2 fresh puddles, about 1 meter from each other.

An older dried out puddle had left quite some residual, like sticky.

I'm not sure if I would be able to smell the urine outside.

I cleaned up the carport with water and left some rat poison outside.

This morning there were no new puddles and poison was untouched

On 12/1/2020 at 7:18 PM, Susco said:

Every morning I find under my carport, right in front of my entrance door, a small puddle.

As I have a completely walled property, I suspect it's a cat that jumps over the wall, as on a few occasions I noticed a cat during the night.

The small puddles only started maybe a week ago, and are always in the same location.

You think this could be from a cat, and how to stop it?

Pour bleach on the area and add chilli flakes around and on top of the wall

• Haha 2

On 12/1/2020 at 3:18 PM, Susco said:

Every morning I find under my carport, right in front of my entrance door, a small puddle.

As I have a completely walled property, I suspect it's a cat that jumps over the wall, as on a few occasions I noticed a cat during the night.

The small puddles only started maybe a week ago, and are always in the same location.

You think this could be from a cat, and how to stop it?

Cats are very clean animals, they usually dig holes to pee and sh!t, then cover them in.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well guys, here is an update

I'm getting pretty desperate about this.

I have cleaned the floor, put rat poison, vinegar and some lavender scent out there, as I know cats hate those scents.

Yet it continues, in fact this evening it peed exactly next to the lavender scent.

I tried to get with my nose as close as possible to the puddle, but can't smell any strong stench. I would rather say it smells not bad.

This is a picture of tonight's puddle, to give you an idea about the size. Next to it is the lid of a food bowl, with the lavender scent, which is 12 cm in diameter

image.thumb.jpeg.ed4d36d62e93866556b444d56720c937.jpeg

Edited by Susco

Just now, JetsetBkk said:

Have you got a neighbour who's fond of practical jokes?

I have a 2 meter high perimeter wall, and same height of gate, all around my property.

Nobody can get in here unnoticed. By the way, my closest neighbour is about 300 meters

Just now, Susco said:

I have a 2 meter high perimeter wall, and same height of gate, all around my property.

Nobody can get in here unnoticed. By the way, my closest neighbour is about 300 meters

Is your property overgrown or does it have a lot of "wild" plants growing where you don't often look?

I'm thinking that maybe whatever is making the mess is trapped inside your perimeter walls and can't get out.

1 minute ago, JetsetBkk said:

Is your property overgrown or does it have a lot of "wild" plants growing where you don't often look?

I'm thinking that maybe whatever is making the mess is trapped inside your perimeter walls and can't get out.

My property is mostly lawn, with a few palm trees.

The only tree near the car port is a yellow palm, but it is cut clean, so I can see if anything would live in there.

The carport is about 50m² large, but the puddle is always in the same location

3 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Then get one of these .....

https://s.lazada.co.th/s.XDeeM

It could be the best 500 baht you have ever spent.

Quite adequate for what you want.

My PC doesn't have WIFI.

Can it connect to the router WIFI, and so i can view on my PC?

Edit : I see it has a SD card slot

Edited by Susco

14 hours ago, Susco said:

....I tried to get with my nose as close as possible to the puddle, but can't smell any strong stench. I would rather say it smells not bad...

No way is this cat pee.

Is your car parked in this area? Most likely a leak from there (water, brake fluid etc) and it settles in this spot because this spot is slightly lower. Leaks will often collect quite some distance from the source and the difference in gradient will often be completely unapparent to the naked eye.

You can test that by yourself pouring some colored  water  under your car and wait to see where it collects

1 minute ago, Sheryl said:

No way is this cat pee.

Is your car parked in this area? Most likely a leak from there (water, brake fluid etc) and it settles in this spot because this spot is slightly lower. Leaks will often collect quite some distance from the source and the difference in gradient will often be completely unapparent to the naked eye.

You can test that by yourself pouring some colored  water  under your car and wait to see where it collects

Definitely not a car leak because the puddle is about 60 centimeters in front of the car, and leaks don't appear spontaneously if the car hasn't been moved for 24 hours.

Car park floor also slopes slightly to the backside for an obvious reason, so water disposed under the car from aircon, will always flow to the back

8 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

No way is this cat pee.

Or a frog?  We get something like that from time to time.  Gardeners tell us it was a frog.  Just a guess.

2 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Or a frog?  We get something like that from time to time.  Gardeners tell us it was a frog.  Just a guess.

I did consider that, as I have killed a few big toads over the past weeks, but would toads always come pee in the same spot, and would a toad pee that amount?

20 minutes ago, Susco said:

I did consider that, as I have killed a few big toads over the past weeks, but would toads always come pee in the same spot, and would a toad pee that amount?

We get this all over our patio, which is quite large, and right next to a pond.  We have terra cotta tiles and it can actually leave a stain.   So we try to clean it up quickly.

• Like 1