Adult dependent visa extension?

I'm getting conflicting information. Is Immigration still issuing these for adults?
My wife and I are both USA citizens, 60+ years old.
My wife is here on an extension of stay based on retirement on an original Non-O visa.
I am on the "second year" of a Non-OA visa issued in Sept 2019 with a permission to stay of March 2021.
It used to be possible to get an extension based on dependency. If that is still available, I believe it means I would not need $800k in the bank nor would I need the insurance required for OA extensions as I would follow her Non-O visa. Is that correct? (I can do both if I have to but I'd rather not.)
I understand the risk. If the marriage ends, either by death or divorce, so does the dependency.
TIA

Thanks. I hadn't thought of the expiration. Fortunately she just renewed her visa/extension and it is valid thru december 2021.
In that case, does it matter when I apply? I assume I don't have to wait until 30 or 45 days before my expiration.

17 hours ago, el jefe said:

In that case, does it matter when I apply? I assume I don't have to wait until 30 or 45 days before my expiration.

Immigration would not do the change of the reason for your extension unless you are within the 30 or 45 day early allowed.

16 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Immigration would not do the change of the reason for your extension if unless you are within the 30 or 45 day early allowed.

My question was confusing. Your lack of punctuation equally so.
Sorry. Let's try again
I'm in CM so they do extensions 45 days before expiration. For me that is January 20.
Do I need to do this before or after January 20?

Archived