Thailand confirms another domestic COVID-19 case after returnee skips quarantine 

Jonathan Fairfield

13 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

I bet most have canceled which has happened in other areas like Rayong when a case breaks out.

Yes, cancellations said to be high for the upcoming 4-day weekend.

The "authorities" have been quick to dismiss these events, but there's only so much lipstick you can put on a pig.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Yes, cancellations said to be high for the upcoming 4-day weekend.

The "authorities" have been quick to dismiss these events, but there's only so much lipstick you can put on a pig.

Pig lipstick.jpeg

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Do you understand the mindset of many Thais regarding this?

No chance people will be coming.  I bet most have canceled which has happened in other areas like Rayong when a case breaks out.

These were taken by my friend yesterday afternoon at Central Festival.  Usually many people walking around/eating etc. He said as you can see it was dead...

IMG20201201141925.jpg

IMG20201201141900.jpg

IMG20201201141602.jpg

IMG20201201141552.jpg

IMG20201201141424.jpg

Excellent, even more happy about my pending visit, less people and less traffic.

Recently been to Krabi and Khao lak - total bliss.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rabas said:

Good ideas.

Monday morning we saw an unusual caravan of three large army helicopters and a fourth civilian copter flying due north from Bangkok. The same four copters later returned around midnight. I assume the army-govt are taking some kind of action. Three large copters would be troops, maybe the smaller on was medical personnel?

Last week one of the lesser royals came our small Amphur town. There were four Army helicopters on the ground prior to the one actually carrying him. At least two of those were large enough to carry a few troops.