Brexit talks still stuck because EU is asking too much, UK says

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

You don’t like it that they’re coming thick and fast now? What’s wrong with some free trade for the economy? Or is it that more of your forecasts of doom have been proved wrong?

Not at all. I'll be happy to be proved wrong if and when. Unlike you, I've no wish to cut off my nose to spite my face.

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

57 agreements in less than a year after the actual Brexit date. Apart from the 27 stuck with the EU gang, the rest of the world should be done in about 18 months. 

Of those 57, how many were not 'roll overs' from our membership of the EU?

100+ FTAs in 18 months? It's delusional. If we somehow manage to get one of China, India or the US that would be a major success.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RayC said:

Not at all. I'll be happy to be proved wrong if and when. Unlike you, I've no wish to cut off my nose to spite my face.

Of those 57, how many were not 'roll overs' from our membership of the EU?

100+ FTAs in 18 months? It's delusional. If we somehow manage to get one of China, India or the US that would be a major success.

How do FTAs with any countries cut off your nose? 
What does it matter about being 'roll overs'? We traded under an EU agreement and now post-Brexit carry on trade with our own agreements.

You people also said it was delusional to expect any deals after the IMB was proposed. The are now reality and more are still flowing in.

Ignorant this comment may be, but from what it seems, this deal is not going through anytime soon. Has it been this long already? Christ...

I saw BJ on Aljazeera today during a presser with the EU lady and he seemed as though he was in total subservience to her lead..

2 minutes ago, Solinvictus said:

Ignorant this comment may be, but from what it seems, this deal is not going through anytime soon. Has it been this long already? Christ...

I saw BJ on Aljazeera today during a presser with the EU lady and he seemed as though he was in total subservience to her lead..

Only on nosebag protocol.

1 minute ago, Loiner said:

How do FTAs with any countries cut off your nose? 

What about losing a FTA with the EU? You were gung-ho about WTO terms with the EU recently.

What does it matter about being 'roll overs'? We traded under an EU agreement and now post-Brexit carry on trade with our own agreements.

It matters in that they are 'new' only in the sense that in most cases, they are 'new' because the word 'EU' has been replaced by 'UK'. The spade work for these deals was done by the EU, and in most cases that took years.

You people also said it was delusional to expect any deals after the IMB was proposed.

Not me. No surprise that deals are being 'rolled over'.

The are now reality and more are still flowing in.

A number of the remaining EU trade deals which have not yet been 'rolled over' may be announced. Then the hard work begins: 100+ deals in 18 months you reckon. We shall see.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RayC said:

What about losing a FTA with the EU? You were gung-ho about WTO terms with the EU recently.

It matters in that they are 'new' only in the sense that in most cases, they are 'new' because the word 'EU' has been replaced by 'UK'. The spade work for these deals was done by the EU, and in most cases that took years.

Not me. No surprise that deals are being 'rolled over'.

A number of the remaining EU trade deals which have not yet been 'rolled over' may be announced. Then the hard work begins: 100+ deals in 18 months you reckon. We shall see.

Brexit is a done deal and we already left. The EU could have a FTA with or conditions if they wanted. How do new deals with other countries now cut off your nose?

Who wrote them does not matter. They are new deals for the post-Brexit era. Why does the EU not sign one it wrote previously for another country, say...Canada?

Where did your IMB false prophesy get lost in your reply?

5 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Brexit is a done deal and we already left. The EU could have a FTA with or conditions if they wanted.

We may have left the EU but we still currently have a FTA with them. If the EU choose not to agree to UK conditions, then effectively a FTA with 27 nations is lost.

How do new deals with other countries now cut off your nose?

Where have I said that?

Who wrote them does not matter. They are new deals for the post-Brexit era.

But they were relatively easy to conclude. Let's check back in 18 months and see how many non-rollover deals have been completed.

Why does the EU not sign one it wrote previously for another country, say...Canada?

I don't know. Presumably, the two sides can't agree on the finer details?

Where did your IMB false prophesy get lost in your reply?

I don't understand. You'll need to elaborate if you want a response to this question.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RayC said:

We may have left the EU but we still currently have a FTA with them. If the EU choose not to agree to UK conditions, then effectively a FTA with 27 nations is lost.

Where have I said that?

But they were relatively easy to conclude. Let's check back in 18 months and see how many non-rollover deals have been completed.

I don't know. Presumably, the two sides can't agree on the finer details?

I don't understand. You'll need to elaborate if you want a response to this question.

What is this FTA you claim we have with the EU and will it still be there next month after the Transition Period ends?

"Unlike you, I've no wish to cut off my nose to spite my face." Near the top of this page.

Happy to count them all up in 18 months time.

Strange that you don't know a Canada type deal would not punish the UK enough for the EU.

IMB and false prophesy is your clue. If you don't understand, I can't help you.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Loiner said:

What is this FTA you claim we have with the EU and will it still be there next month after the Transition Period ends?

The transition period equates to a FTA (and more) don't you think? This will be lost on 1/1/21. 

"Unlike you, I've no wish to cut off my nose to spite my face." Near the top of this page.

Full quote which rather changes the context: "I'll be happy to be proved wrong if and when. Unlike you, I've no wish to cut off my nose to spite my face." 

Happy to count them all up in 18 months time.

Fine. If we make anything like 100 FTAs and/or FTAs which exceed the current 43% of the trading volume that we do with EU members, I'll be delighted to say eat humble pie as the UK should be thriving.

Strange that you don't know a Canada type deal would not punish the UK enough for the EU.

You originally asked me what was holding up the signing of the Canada-EU deal. I replied that I didn't know.

This is a totally different question. I'm aware that the EU do not want to offer the UK a Canada-type deal. Your opinion is that it is a form of punishment. My opinion is that it is the EU protecting their members' interests.

IMB and false prophesy is your clue. If you don't understand, I can't help you.

As I still don't understand, I can't reply.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, RayC said:

The transition period equates to a FTA (and more) don't you think? This will be lost on 1/1/21. 

Full quote which rather changes the context: "I'll be happy to be proved wrong if and when. Unlike you, I've no wish to cut off my nose to spite my face." 

Fine. If we make anything like 100 FTAs and/or FTAs which exceed the current 43% of the trading volume that we do with EU members, I'll be delighted to say eat humble pie as the UK should be thriving.

You originally asked me what was holding up the signing of the Canada-EU deal. I replied that I didn't know.

This is a totally different question. I'm aware that the EU do not want to offer the UK a Canada-type deal. Your opinion is that it is a form of punishment. My opinion is that it is the EU protecting their members' interests.

As I still don't understand, I can't reply.

No, I don't think so. The dregs of the EU SM & CU go on 31/12/20 so a whole new FTA which respects the UK sovereignty is necessary.

See above, there's no change of context or cutting of your nose in making new FTAs with other countries.

I'll save you a plateful of that pie in 18 months time.

No, I didn't ask what was the delay in the Canada-EU deal. How is not agreeing a Canada-type deal protecting the interests of lost euro jobs?

If you wish to deny your false prophesies about nobody making deals with UK anymore, I will allow you to twist your way out of this one

• Like 2