Brexit talks still stuck because EU is asking too much, UK says

snoop1130

17 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Albania is not even in the EU/EEA/SHENGEN dude - it's unbelievable how little you people know of europe. 

I guess your not British dude????.

Albania is a potential candidate and yes people from there do go to the UK. I should have been more specific for the likes of you.

The point again is that lots of people from EU states who contribute very little to the EU and quite frankly the UK.

17 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Romania and Bulgaria joined 2007 but it took till 2014 till the UK allowed them to live and work there which had nothing to do with the EU.

That is the most ridiculous statement I have read for a long time. The EU had nothing to do with the freedom of movement act then. hhhmmmmm

"Free movement of workers is a fundamental principle of the EU. Citizens of EU member states can look for a job in another EU country, work there without needing a work permit, reside there for work purposes, stay even after employment has finished and enjoy equal treatment with nationals in access to employment, working conditions and all other social and tax advantages."

• Like 1

16 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

Just like they’ve been conned and lied to this time by the Brexiteers. Biggest mistake in the history of the UK coming right up! ????

Well I am glad you acknowledged it was a con joining the EU. Some progress.

So we have rectified that by leaving.

4 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

That is the most ridiculous statement I have read for a long time. The EU had nothing to do with the freedom of movement act then. hhhmmmmm

"Free movement of workers is a fundamental principle of the EU. Citizens of EU member states can look for a job in another EU country, work there without needing a work permit, reside there for work purposes, stay even after employment has finished and enjoy equal treatment with nationals in access to employment, working conditions and all other social and tax advantages."

Selective memory. Of course the EU freedom of movement was in place but member states have rights on restricting movement and the UK exercised that right.

Romania and Bulgaria (the ‘A2’ states) joined the EU on 1 January 2007. The accession treaties allowed other Member States to apply transitional restrictions on Bulgarian and Romanian workers’ free movement rights for up to seven years after accession, in order to guard against disruption of their labour markets. Transitional restrictions cannot be applied against other categories of A2 national exercising free movement rights (such as ‘self-sufficient’ or ‘self-employed’ persons). All Member States must lift restrictions on Bulgarian and Romanian workers by the end of 2013.

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/sn06606/

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Selective memory. Of course the EU freedom of movement was in place but member states have rights on restricting movement and the UK exercised that right.

Romania and Bulgaria (the ‘A2’ states) joined the EU on 1 January 2007. The accession treaties allowed other Member States to apply transitional restrictions on Bulgarian and Romanian workers’ free movement rights for up to seven years after accession, in order to guard against disruption of their labour markets. Transitional restrictions cannot be applied against other categories of A2 national exercising free movement rights (such as ‘self-sufficient’ or ‘self-employed’ persons). All Member States must lift restrictions on Bulgarian and Romanian workers by the end of 2013.

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/sn06606/

Thanks for butting in Sandy as the reply wasn't to you. But again the EU nationals came to the UK that was my point.

How many member states restricted the movement. Its another EU ploy for conning and letting countries believe they have control.

14 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

So again are you saying Major and Blair are/were not puppets of the EU not you have a definition?

As for proof look at the Lisbon and Maastricht treaties for starters.

I my opinion, they were no puppets of the E.U..

They thought they were doing the right thing. 

Being yes or not agree with it is a matter of perception. 

Brexit is a fact, Leavers voted for it convinced it is the right thing for the U.K.. 

Remainers thought/think it wasn't/isn't. 

That's a perception. 

Now I will certainly not claim that one perception is of more value than another. 

You may of course have a different opinion about it, and thus thinking that one perception is superior to another. 

2 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Thanks for butting in Sandy as the reply wasn't to you. But again the EU nationals came to the UK that was my point.

How many member states restricted the movement. Its another EU ploy for conning and letting countries believe they have control.

Good attempt at distraction but the quote you tried to rubbish was perfectly correct, the UK denied them freedom of movement.

"Romania and Bulgaria joined 2007 but it took till 2014 till the UK allowed them to live and work there which had nothing to do with the EU."

• Like 1

Just now, sandyf said:

Good attempt at distraction but the quote you tried to rubbish was perfectly correct, the UK denied them freedom of movement.

The point was they were allowed in in 2014. So again as you like to deflect how many countries denied people the freedom of movement?  How long for.

If you don't reply don't expect a response back from me again.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

I my opinion, they were no puppets of the E.U..

:cheesy: Okay

13 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Being yes or not agree with it is a matter of perception

It was a simple question. Trying to make it analytical serves no purpose.  Its like saying are you from Belgium and you say well possibly, could be or maybe. That's politicians speak for not answering. Never mind.

The rest of your post comes straight out of 'lucky bag'. Lots of somethings with no substance. But you made me chuckle.

18 minutes ago, sandyf said:

"Romania and Bulgaria joined 2007 but it took till 2014 till the UK allowed them to live and work there which had nothing to do with the EU."

That was part of Romania and Bulgarias gradual inception into the E.U .

They were allowed to join in 2007  , but their citizens could freely live and work in other E.U Countries until 2014 .

That was their agreement, made with the E.U , about them joining the E.U

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, transam said:

Many in Finland have seen the light too, it seems......

How low you can fall if you have to post Russian state backed news sources to make your flawed points.

Did you see the pop up that their next news item was Japanese Trump supporters disputing the election results?

image.png.8e626e360ab0059882ac07d2ab9c373a.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Susco said:

How low you can fall if you have to post Russian state backed news sources to make your flawed points.

Did you see the pop up that their next news item was Japanese Trump supporters disputing the election results?

image.png.8e626e360ab0059882ac07d2ab9c373a.png

Why, folk here quote The Guardian and The Independent to bolster their case....????

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, transam said:

Why, folk here quote The Guardian and The Independent to bolster their case....????

Not Even forgetting The Telegraphe and even BBC & EXPRESS  ....i dont discriminate on newspapers news if i find worth to quote ....even when ridicolous news

• Like 2

1 minute ago, david555 said:

Not Even forgetting The Telegraphe and even BBC & EXPRESS  ....i dont discriminate on newspapers news if i find worth to quote ....even when ridicolous news

But I am British, and the two rags I quoted are well known to me for what they are, even before Brexit....????

4 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Another foreigner telling the people of the UK that a democratic referendum result was wrong. Excuse me if I go and puke at your answer.

Would it make you feel better if I said it?

Dont want you being ill after all.

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

That was part of Romania and Bulgarias gradual inception into the E.U .

They were allowed to join in 2007  , but their citizens could freely live and work in other E.U Countries until 2014 .

That was their agreement, made with the E.U , about them joining the E.U

That is incorrect, the regulation applies to any new member state, not just the two in question.

Any existing member state has the right to restrict freedom of movement on a new member state for up to 7 years after they join. The UK exercised that right and if any other member state had exercised that same right then FOM would have also been restricted in that member state.

The right to restrict FOM for the two in question came to an end across the EU in Dec 2013.

• Like 2