PCR testing in Thailand

JHicks

I'm making some travel plans and it looks like I'll need a PCR covid test on departure from Thailand to get into my next port of call. The test needs to be done no more than 72 hours before take-off.

For obvious reasons there's been a lot of discussion about getting tests at home before coming into Thailand, but does anyone know if it's practical to get one in Thailand before leaving?

13 minutes ago, JHicks said:

I'm making some travel plans and it looks like I'll need a PCR covid test on departure from Thailand to get into my next port of call. The test needs to be done no more than 72 hours before take-off.

For obvious reasons there's been a lot of discussion about getting tests at home before coming into Thailand, but does anyone know if it's practical to get one in Thailand before leaving?

Check with airline. Do they need a negative report before issuing a boarding pass. What are the entry requirement to the country you are travelling to? Do they need a negative report? 

• Sad 1

Thanks guys. Between that and some googling it does look possible. Current requirement is for a negative test within 72 hours of boarding, btw. It's the time limit that seems to cause most problems but I found one place saying the result would be available within 24 hours and other saying 1-2 days.

I'd be in trouble if it came out positive but what can you do?

15 hours ago, JHicks said:

Thanks guys. Between that and some googling it does look possible. Current requirement is for a negative test within 72 hours of boarding, btw. It's the time limit that seems to cause most problems but I found one place saying the result would be available within 24 hours and other saying 1-2 days.

I'd be in trouble if it came out positive but what can you do?

Go for another test at a different hospital. The PCT testing is all over the place anyway.