Cabinet gives green light to new 120kph speed limit

snoop1130

7 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Instead of raising the speed limit what about slipping a few patrol cars on the highways to fine people ( and a hefty fine at that ) who start using the hard shoulder when traffic gets busy or to jump ahead at traffic lights.

While your at it remove that “ able to overtake on the left “ ruling , tired of seeing the dangerous antics of drivers zig zagging on Highway 32  !!

Talking of Highway 32 , about a month ago a couple of signs similar to these:

EB6B1862-9E59-4314-8744-0B2901E1C108.jpeg.ec9ab6d7d6434a9fb04f35a97ead76eb.jpeg

Appeared on the southbound side just above Ayutthaya but nothing painted on the actual road !!

Come on Thailand, these devices are there to educate the drivers about what a safe driving distance should look like, right now they are probably causing accidents as drivers search Google on their phones to figure the signs out !!

Slap a bit of paint on the road and put a few safety videos at peek time viewing, it’s not rocket science !!

Rant over ???? 

Sometimes I follow the "2 second rule" a lot easier and no painting on roads required. 

1 hour ago, VocalNeal said:

Sometimes I follow the "2 second rule" a lot easier and no painting on roads required. 

Yes, but a visual reminder is necessary to keep people focused initially until it becomes second nature, the “ 2 second rule “ is great until ......... “ 1 .....look !! somtam  mmmmm “

• Haha 1

Proof positive that the current situation on Thai roads is totally and utterly beyond their ability to handle. 

Makes me wonder how they fluked the excellent results with COVID-19. 

"We have one of the worst road safety records in the World boss, dozens are dying on the roads every day! What will we do?" 

"Raise the speed limits by 30km/h"

"Great idea boss, you:'re a genius" 

:crazy:

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Yea, though I drive though the valley of death, I shall fear no (or little), evil, as I am in a Volvo.

I pray for everyone else of course.

I couldn't agree more, I have 1 too, however we are both deluded. How many accidents do you actually find yourself underneath 11 neatly stacked other cars (which are also Volvos) ?

10 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Yea, though I drive though the valley of death, I shall fear no (or little), evil, as I am in a Volvo.

I pray for everyone else of course.

Next car I am buying is a souped up Sherman Tank!! They can crash into me and if they get it my way I can blast them to smithereens!!!!5555????????????????????????????????

• Haha 1

Having all of these different speed limits for different vehicles is really scary. I understand if you limit buses and trucks if you also restrict them to first 2 slow lanes only, but to restrict a bike to 80 (or 100 for big bike) while cars come up behind you doing 120 (and more likely 150) is sheer madness.

I just realised it's even worse a bike is limited to 80 while a truck and bus with all that extra braking required can come up behind you doing 90

Edited by aussiexpat

11 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Instead of raising the speed limit what about slipping a few patrol cars on the highways to fine people ( and a hefty fine at that ) who start using the hard shoulder when traffic gets busy or to jump ahead at traffic lights.

While your at it remove that “ able to overtake on the left “ ruling , tired of seeing the dangerous antics of drivers zig zagging on Highway 32  !!

Talking of Highway 32 , about a month ago a couple of signs similar to these:

EB6B1862-9E59-4314-8744-0B2901E1C108.jpeg.ec9ab6d7d6434a9fb04f35a97ead76eb.jpeg

Appeared on the southbound side just above Ayutthaya but nothing painted on the actual road !!

Come on Thailand, these devices are there to educate the drivers about what a safe driving distance should look like, right now they are probably causing accidents as drivers search Google on their phones to figure the signs out !!

Slap a bit of paint on the road and put a few safety videos at peek time viewing, it’s not rocket science !!

Rant over ???? 

Anyone know the Thai for CHEVRON?   LOL

And should it not be KEEP 2 CHEVRONS APART in proper English?

Edited by Tyler Visan