[Student] What are the possibilities to stay longer in Thailand ?

I graduated from a Thai university in November, my university told me that by the end of December I had to cancel my extension of stay but the thing is that due to the covid situation I can not go to the country I was planning to move and I have nowhere to stay in my home country... So, I definitely want to stay longer in Thailand. Until March at least (The month when I will get my graduation certificate) 

What possibilities do I have if I want to stay if I want to stay in Thailand longer ? my extension of stay is until the end of March...  but like I mentioned above I need to cancel it... 

Can I apply for a tourist visa ? "Covid visa" ? etc...

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You cannot obtain tourist visa. 

It appears that you can obtain 60 day extensions. Some refer to as "covid extensions".

Thinking your best option. 

Thank you for the information! I hope I can get the "Covid" extension then. 

Ideally, I would like to just stay with my current extension of stay, it doesn't make much sense to cancel my extension of stay and just after asking a new one.

4 minutes ago, GDragon said:

Ideally, I would like to just stay with my current extension of stay, it doesn't make much sense to cancel my extension of stay and just after asking a new one

Fortunately you have current permission of stay until Dec end. Personally I would keep an eye on 60 day "covid extensions" during second half of Dec and then consider options.

Only my opinion but nothing regarding covid will change soon. Meaning thinking ongoing extensions should/hope become the norm.

Good luck

Archived