How can I insulate concrete wall?

NAoZ

My room where Im staying is facing the south. Recently the weather was too good that the south and half of the west wall that gets direct sun light became very hot and radiating heat. I can feel that heat directly hitting my body in an air conditioned room.

What would be an easy and not so expensive way to insulate this? Im not looking for anything permanent. Just something easy and temporary for the next year or two, that can be easily removed later on. Its on the 3rd floor and while I have access to the roof, I think insulating the interior is safer.

10 hours ago, NAoZ said:

My room where Im staying is facing the south. Recently the weather was too good that the south and half of the west wall that gets direct sun light became very hot and radiating heat. I can feel that heat directly hitting my body in an air conditioned room.

What colour is the outside wall? You can get about a 10 degree drop with the correct white paint. Then insulting the inside will be more effective.

• Like 2

There is a metal fence covering the entire south side and not much space between the wall. Would be too much of a trouble to try to paint.

The convection heat I can deal with, its the radiation I want to stop.

9 hours ago, NAoZ said:

There is a metal fence covering the entire south side and not much space between the wall. Would be too much of a trouble to try to paint.

The convection heat I can deal with, its the radiation I want to stop.

The correct white paint reflects the radiant heat.

An alternative on the inside wall is to use the foam with silver (actually aluminium) foil, commonly used under roofs.

the foil is an excellent radiant barrier, don’t forget that the foil must face the room and can’t be painted or you loose the radiant barrier.

Edited by sometimewoodworker