Urgent help required : State Pension Visa

Hi ,

I just applied online for the non imm O pensioner Visa.......65+ with proof of State Pension. 

I have had two before and there was NO requirement to have money in my bank account. 

The London Embassy just asked me for two additional documents. 

1. Bank statement showing a balance of £10,000. 

2. Covid insurance to the value of $100,000 minimum. 

With regard to No. 1, I believe that is required if over 50 but not in receipt of a State Pension. 

With regard to No. 2, I believe that it’s required for the COE application....not the visa. 

Could somebody please help me out. 

Thanks a lot. 

Kenneth 

The simple fact is that times have changed (probably for good) and requirements for visa applications are often different than in the past. I am surprised, as you are, by the requirement for Covid insurance for the visa application, but anything is possible now.

7 hours ago, gojuken said:

Hi ,

I just applied online for the non imm O pensioner Visa.......65+ with proof of State Pension. 

I have had two before and there was NO requirement to have money in my bank account. 

The London Embassy just asked me for two additional documents. 

1. Bank statement showing a balance of £10,000. 

2. Covid insurance to the value of $100,000 minimum. 

With regard to No. 1, I believe that is required if over 50 but not in receipt of a State Pension. 

With regard to No. 2, I believe that it’s required for the COE application....not the visa. 

Could somebody please help me out. 

Thanks a lot. 

Kenneth 

Simply the requirements are you have to show a pension statement OR a 1 month bank statement showing income from a pension OR   3-months of bank statements of at least £10,000 maintained balance.

Yes I believe the Covid insurance is really part of the COE requirements as is the Non-Imm-O Visa, it is a little chicken and egg but you will have to get the insurance to travel to Thailand. 

Not sure how anyone can help you out.

You need to look at the new requirements for a single entry non-o visa for retirement. Have you applied for a certificate of entry yet?

You will need to meet the same insurance requirements as that is needed for the OA visa and $100,000 covid 19 insurance.

Scroll down this page to find the non-o visa requirements. 

https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/119247-requirements-for-certificate-of-entry-during-travel-restriction?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562

Archived