Is Thailand open now for normal tourists?

26 minutes ago, cubism001 said:

The test has to be done either in Cuenca or Guayaquil, and I can't find anyplace in Guayaquil because of test results take a day or at least several hours. 

What is the day you leave Ecuador?  Only the test results certificate need to done 72 hours before departure.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Ubon Joe , I am in Medellin and have the same questions cubism 001, to clarify, leaving medellin w. the covid test results + the fit to fly,  #1 / the test results have to be in English by an "official" translation, what is that and #2/ I plan on doing my COE on line w the Thai Royal Embassy DC as they have jurisdiction on my resident in Texas, u c any problems for me ?

8 minutes ago, john2540 said:

Hi Ubon Joe , I am in Medellin and have the same questions cubism 001, to clarify, leaving medellin w. the covid test results + the fit to fly,  #1 / the test results have to be in English by an "official" translation, what is that and #2/ I plan on doing my COE on line w the Thai Royal Embassy DC as they have jurisdiction on my resident in Texas, u c any problems for me ?

Official translation normally means one done by a translation service with a stamp done by them,

You should get the COE from the designated embassy for where your will start your trip. Here is the info if your origin is Columbia. Source: https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/regis/step?language=en

image.png.e893968e63e404e720699449beaa526b.png

If you will be in Texas for a few days you could apply with that being your origin.

What visa will you have when you enter Thailand? If you have to apply for a visa you will have to travel to the US to apply for it due to the Lima embassy only doing them for residents of Cambodia,

1 minute ago, john2540 said:

I think I need to get the Fit to Fly and Covid in the USA.

If you look at the COE website it states origin not nationality.

If you spend enough time in the US to use as your origin to do the COE before your flight to here from the US you could apply to the embassy in DC.

9 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

What is the day you leave Ecuador?  Only the test results certificate need to done 72 hours before departure.

I leave EC Jan. 11 12 43 am.  So I must have the test results but not the fit to fly?  Then I'm ok.  thank you. But where do I get that?

I wanted to share this w/ the group/board; it might help somebody: the Lima embassy wrote that a person traveling a long route similar to mine was stopped by Qatar in Dubai. Qatar wanted him to take another test (in Dubai) because the rt pcr test was 'too old.' But then they let him fly on to Bangkok! (I'll fly through Doha, but I hope it's similar.)

Thank you.

8 hours ago, cubism001 said:

So I must have the test results but not the fit to fly? 

You will need the fit to fly within 72 hours before your flight. That should not be hard to get done. Just show one of these two forms to a  clinic for doctor . F2F form or F2F-Form (1)  Here is the 2nd one translated to Spanish to show a doctor so they can just fill in the blanks in on the english one. Fit to fly certificate in Spanish.pdf

I think the airlines are aware now that Thailand only the covid 19 test certificate to be issued 72 hours before the first departure flight.

I'm looking forward to the vaccine coming !

For the last 20 years I have been  taking the flu shot  and would have no problem with the vaccine!

I truly miss  normalcy to traveling , especially in and out of Thailand ! The restrictions upon returning back here make it 

very difficult, financially!

On 1/7/2021 at 8:24 PM, ubonjoe said:

You will need the fit to fly within 72 hours before your flight. That should not be hard to get done. Just show one of these two forms to a  clinic for doctor . F2F form or F2F-Form (1)  Here is the 2nd one translated to Spanish to show a doctor so they can just fill in the blanks in on the english one. Fit to fly certificate in Spanish.pdf

I think the airlines are aware now that Thailand only the covid 19 test certificate to be issued 72 hours before the first departure flight.

What about the T8 form?  Where do I get it?  Thank you for the fit to fly forms!

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Thank you. The new fit to fly form was much easier to deal with, too. There was one flaw in the final day: the lab report's in Spanish. Not a real complicated report, 'negativo' being the important thing, so I wish I could just leave it as it is. I'll be in Guayaquil, EC tomorrow to get the flight, & so far people say I can get on the plane, with all the other docs. Should I  ask a visa facilitator to translate it for me? 

18 minutes ago, cubism001 said:

Thank you. The new fit to fly form was much easier to deal with, too. There was one flaw in the final day: the lab report's in Spanish. Not a real complicated report, 'negativo' being the important thing, so I wish I could just leave it as it is. I'll be in Guayaquil, EC tomorrow to get the flight, & so far people say I can get on the plane, with all the other docs. Should I  ask a visa facilitator to translate it for me? 

Best to have the test result translated.

You should be able to find a translation service to do it that could stamp it. 

On 1/9/2021 at 8:55 PM, ubonjoe said:

Best to have the test result translated.

You should be able to find a translation service to do it that could stamp it. 

Things are increasingly covid-centered, the SFO airport almost empty.& even in Guayaquil at the airport & in the city things  were  reduced to basics. Cheerful, but basics, no translations, no friend of a friend to help.  We shall see. Thanks for writing. 

Archived