Course recommendations, Pattaya area

Bangkokhatter

Am looking to play a couple of rounds this Saturday and Monday and looking for suggestions in the Pattaya area.

However i would prefer to play alone so want a course where this is not a problem( no problem with using a caddy ). In Bangkok they tend to try and make you join another group.

Reason for the solitary wish is i am in the middle of some professional lessons and just want a break from the range and want to practice my swing changes on a real course. Of course a weekend away in Pattaya is also a bonus.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

6 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

You need to pick a very quiet course or play early, otherwise if you're hacking around other golfers won't be patient. Weekend maybe busy, most farang avoid. Maybe try a new course like Chee Chan Golf resort

Thanks for your reply.

Exactly why i was after recommendations, planned on playing late afternoon as many would avoid the heat. 

Not too fussed about other golfers as i would simply let them play through.

1 hour ago, Bangkokhatter said:

Thanks for your reply.

Exactly why i was after recommendations, planned on playing late afternoon as many would avoid the heat. 

Don't worry, if the ball goes forward when you hit it, you will be fine ???? and if you can keep it on the fairway even better

Edited by PFMills

10 hours ago, Bangkokhatter said:

Thanks for your reply.

Playing in the afternoon would be a lot quieter, so based on that you could pick any courses. Phoenix, Pattaya Country Club, Siam Country Club are the nearest to Pattaya, Green Valley one of my faves a bit further out and further still Khoa Kheow or Pattavia would be my choice. All more expensive at the weekend. 

Or

Just head to Pratumnak Soi 4 Asia Pattaya Hotel, a 9 hole par 3 course circ 450 baht, will be quiet in the afternoon, very good for short game practice, holes are 80-130 yards. Can practice your swing here

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Playing in the afternoon would be a lot quieter, so based on that you could pick any courses. Phoenix, Pattaya Country Club, Siam Country Club are the nearest to Pattaya, Green Valley one of my faves a bit further out and further still Khoa Kheow or Pattavia would be my choice. All more expensive at the weekend. 

Or

Just head to Pratumnak Soi 4 Asia Pattaya Hotel, a 9 hole par 3 course circ 450 baht, will be quiet in the afternoon, very good for short game practice, holes are 80-130 yards. Can practice your swing here

Never heard of that par 3 course, seems perfect for the Saturday, then play a proper course on the Monday.

Thanks for the tip.