Course recommendations, Pattaya area

Am looking to play a couple of rounds this Saturday and Monday and looking for suggestions in the Pattaya area.

However i would prefer to play alone so want a course where this is not a problem( no problem with using a caddy ). In Bangkok they tend to try and make you join another group.

Reason for the solitary wish is i am in the middle of some professional lessons and just want a break from the range and want to practice my swing changes on a real course. Of course a weekend away in Pattaya is also a bonus.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

6 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

You need to pick a very quiet course or play early, otherwise if you're hacking around other golfers won't be patient. Weekend maybe busy, most farang avoid. Maybe try a new course like Chee Chan Golf resort

Thanks for your reply.

Exactly why i was after recommendations, planned on playing late afternoon as many would avoid the heat. 

Not too fussed about other golfers as i would simply let them play through.

1 hour ago, Bangkokhatter said:

Thanks for your reply.

Exactly why i was after recommendations, planned on playing late afternoon as many would avoid the heat. 

Don't worry, if the ball goes forward when you hit it, you will be fine 😀 and if you can keep it on the fairway even better

Edited by PFMills
10 hours ago, Bangkokhatter said:

Thanks for your reply.

Playing in the afternoon would be a lot quieter, so based on that you could pick any courses. Phoenix, Pattaya Country Club, Siam Country Club are the nearest to Pattaya, Green Valley one of my faves a bit further out and further still Khoa Kheow or Pattavia would be my choice. All more expensive at the weekend. 

Or

Just head to Pratumnak Soi 4 Asia Pattaya Hotel, a 9 hole par 3 course circ 450 baht, will be quiet in the afternoon, very good for short game practice, holes are 80-130 yards. Can practice your swing here

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Playing in the afternoon would be a lot quieter, so based on that you could pick any courses. Phoenix, Pattaya Country Club, Siam Country Club are the nearest to Pattaya, Green Valley one of my faves a bit further out and further still Khoa Kheow or Pattavia would be my choice. All more expensive at the weekend. 

Or

Just head to Pratumnak Soi 4 Asia Pattaya Hotel, a 9 hole par 3 course circ 450 baht, will be quiet in the afternoon, very good for short game practice, holes are 80-130 yards. Can practice your swing here

Never heard of that par 3 course, seems perfect for the Saturday, then play a proper course on the Monday.

Thanks for the tip.