Tourists told: If you came to Chiang Mai and got Covid we'll give you 100,000 baht

webfact

1 hour ago, CorpusChristie said:

"Tourists told: If you came to Chiang Mai and got Covid we'll give you 100,000 baht"

Surely that should read *Get* and not "got" ?

correct, GOT means they already have it 555

9 hours ago, webfact said:
Tourists told: If you came to Chiang Mai and got Covid we'll give you 100,000 baht

1pm1.jpg
Picture: Bangkok Biz News

An association of leading business organisations and tourist groups have come up with a novel way to try and restore confidence in the tourism industry in the wake of a Covid-19 scare. 

They have promised any tourist who contracted Covid from a 29 year old woman who tested positive will be handed 100,000 baht compensation. 

The group that includes the Federation of Thai Industries, Chamber of Commerce, banking association and several tourism agencies in the private sector have readied a fund of 1 million baht just in case. 

Recipients will need to show they have followed the pandemic health regulations to get the money. 

The leader of one of the associations told Bangkok Biz News that 95% of contacts of the woman have been traced and now it was time that the private sector offered reassurance to potential visitors that the province is safe. 

Other reports have suggested widespread cancellations in the wake of the scare, notes Thaivisa.

Source: Bangkok Biz News

cheeky aint it?

entry requirements - foreigners should have insurance cover for 100k$

if you catch covid, we shall reciprocate with 100k, Baht...

OK, not true story...

I went, got COVID, went to the hospital to prove I had COVID.

yes, I had it.

hospital bill... 99,999  

and i died and if i didn't die my lungs and brain are trash for the next 20-years and I'm 99.  my brain i don't use, but my lungs.....

yea, worth it

Don't they mean if you get COVID in ChiangMai not got it and go there! What are they trying to do invite all people with a diagnosed COVID infection to Chiang Mai where they will recieve 100,000 Baht and continie to spread thd infection? Thai people need to learn how to phase english better.

3 hours ago, Sumarianson said:

Don't they mean if you get COVID in ChiangMai not got it and go there! What are they trying to do invite all people with a diagnosed COVID infection to Chiang Mai where they will recieve 100,000 Baht and continie to spread thd infection? Thai people need to learn how to phase english better.

No. They need better translators.

14 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

Will that buy me an Elite Visa aka the Golden Pass?   or is the 100k in thai coupons for central food court?

No, you will receive vouchers for use at any participating Chinese Thai quarantine Hotel you will have to go to 

20 hours ago, webfact said:

They have promised any tourist who contracted Covid from a 29 year old woman who tested positive will be handed 100,000 baht compensation. 

why just "from a 29 year old woman..."? if those businessmen want  tourists to flock back in chiangmai, they ought to get in touch with the usa with more than 13 millions covid infected patients and encourage them to visit chiangmai!

On 12/2/2020 at 8:54 AM, webfact said:

Now they are showing their true stupidity of this country selling Covid-19.  ????????????????????????

What is 100,000 baht compared to $100,000 USD insurance? ????????????????

You get 100k, but have to fork out another 400k on your own for the expensive quarantine hotel for 14 days, the hospital treatment which bill has been jacked up by a few hundred percent and everything else in between. Then there is the prospects of jail time for tarnishing the good and unblemished image of Thailand.