Combination Method in Phetchabun.

The rumour among my friends is that Phetchabun will not support the combination method full stop.

It's either / or, which is why I asked the question, Phetchabun is a large province and probably has many that I don't see.

Getting somebody to answer the phone has proved difficult, and getting an actual answer to questions is worse.

9 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

The rumour among my friends is that Phetchabun will not support the combination method full stop.

It's either / or, which is why I asked the question, Phetchabun is a large province and probably has many that I don't see.

Getting somebody to answer the phone has proved difficult, and getting an actual answer to questions is worse.

hello i live in phetchabun got to say ... Normally the immigration here are ok  never had any probs its only a small office never over busy ..not talking jomtien here   if you are having; probs getting thru  on the phone just go yo the office easy parking.. 

agreed having been here for 15 years, first 3 on marriage extension, then to be told that Immigration does not accept that I'm married (as I cannot produce the "affirmation of freedom to marry" document because the ampere has lost it) and forced to change to Retirement.

Funny things happen when individuals get involved with rules and regulations.

2 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

agreed having been here for 15 years, first 3 on marriage extension, then to be told that Immigration does not accept that I'm married (as I cannot produce the "affirmation of freedom to marry" document because the ampere has lost it) and forced to change to Retirement.

Something doesnt seem right here, i have the same extension and have never been asked for that document  by immigratio ? Just the letter from the Amphur regarding marriage and the marriage certificate. Why are you being asked for the affirmation ?

9 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

As stated its not a particularly busy office these days, get it from the horses mouth is always better than "he said she said "etc.

Disagree. Sometimes info you obtain even at info desk can sometimes 50/50.

IMO thaivisa puts out there and first hand info from members that went through the process at that particular imm office with same circumstances. Hence the OP named his office. 

Never assume a trip to imm office is similar trip to walk to corner for a coffee. For some folk it's a long trip.

2 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Why are you being asked for the affirmation ?

Assume it made the paperwork easier for the office involved, as retirement is 50% of the paperwork of marriage and no referral to higher authority for approval, and it was 12 or so years ago, I forget exactly when without trawling through old passports, so things may have changed.

8 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

Funny things happen when individuals get involved with rules and regulations

My issue is twofold. One there are people working in these places who do not even know the rules themselves, but to save face will tell you what they think as if it is fact. Secondly, differen offices do things differently too. I feel better reading a personal experience on here. 

9 hours ago, CharlieH said:

As stated its not a particularly busy office these days, get it from the horses mouth is always better than "he said she said "etc.

They move the goalposts all the time even if the info is given from the 'horses mouth'.

Example - other day i submitted all my paperwork for marraige extension and got 'under consideration' stamp, it was mentioned there would be a house visit but only mentioned a couple hours before visit i'd require PYB to be present.

Note - they've cancelled visit twice already.

9 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

The original question still stands has anybody received and extension based on the combination method or been refused. Two friends have asked the question direct and been told opposite answers.

The best thing you can do is ask yourself and show that you have been making the monthly transfers required.

I think many people that are saying it was not allowed asked last year when the transfer method of proof was new and offices did not want to do the combination option with only a few transfers.

The same thing happened to people that had been using proof of income from a embassy and had to show transfers instead of the letter.

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

My issue is twofold. One there are people working in these places who do not even know the rules themselves, but to save face will tell you what they think as if it is fact. Secondly, differen offices do things differently too. I feel better reading a personal experience on here. 

When Phitsanulok office first opened the IO was adamant that I needed an Embassy income letter even though I had well in excess of 1,000,000 Baht in a dedicated account and a second account for living expenses.  I was lucky in that after I asked to see written proof of that requirement he agreed to speak to the other IO, told us to go get some lunch and come back, 15 mins later wife's phone rang passport was ready for collection.

12 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

Just for my info: I have a problem understanding why you would need a " affirmation of freedom" when you are already married and therefor have a marriage certificate, BTW the copy of this certificate can now be requested at any Umpher, not necessarily the one you got married.

1 hour ago, jomtienisgood said:

Just for my info: I have a problem understanding why you would need a " affirmation of freedom" when you are already married and therefor have a marriage certificate, BTW the copy of this certificate can now be requested at any Umpher, not necessarily the one you got married.

We had the marriage certificate and the ampere confirmation document (kor ror 2 and kor ror 3) after a search in the ampere the head of the ampere dept annotated the conformation document to the effect that they had received the affirmation and it had been misfiled. Still not acceptable to the IO, I think it was just a convenient reason not to complete the married application due to difference even at that time in the volume of paperwork, that they had to complete wife interview etc etc.

This has gone a long way off track as the initial request was for info on the Combination Method in Phetchabun.

Archived