New THAI lounge at Suvarnabhumi opens

webfact

New THAI lounge at Suvarnabhumi opens

4pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Passenger service representative for THAI airways Korakot Chatasingh told Daily News that a new business class lounge was now open for outbound travellers at Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok. 

The Royal Orchid Lounge on the third floor, Concourse E, has been refurbished with "Four C's" in mind according to Korakot.

These are "Confidence, Clean, Care and Comfort".

He promised an environment safe from Covid fears following all the ministry regulations with free wi-fi, hot meals, snacks and sweets as well as "international" beverages. 

4pm1.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Unfortunately a shower room and slumber room is not yet open. The lounge is open for business from 5am to 11.30pm.

It is open to Platinum business and Gold club members. 

Passengers on other airlines can use the facilities, subject to charges specified by THAI. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-12-02

I'll bet its totally non smoking and you have to go to one of the filthy smoking rooms! Thai used to have a very pleasant smoking lounge for business class, then the stopped the smoking!

Who pays the salaries? Customers or the health nazis?

3 hours ago, JohnB1945 said:

I'll bet its totally non smoking and you have to go to one of the filthy smoking rooms!

Seems apposite:  filthy smoking rooms for filthy smokers.  As a non-smoker, it's pretty ghastly having to sit next to a stinking smoker when flying (and yes, they all stink).  Perhaps they should have their own section on the outside of the plane.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

Like the tree's in the fish-tanks on the wall but where's the poisson .. 

Must be hiding in the tree:

"The mangrove killifish is way ahead of us. It lives in pools that are prone to drying up, so it can also live on land for months at a time – often inside hollowed-out logs – where it survives by breathing through its skin."

source: https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn20831-zoologger-the-amphibious-fish-that-mates-with-itself/  

• Like 1

Just now, bluesofa said:

Must be hiding in the tree:

"The mangrove killifish is way ahead of us. It lives in pools that are prone to drying up, so it can also live on land for months at a time – often inside hollowed-out logs – where it survives by breathing through its skin."

source: https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn20831-zoologger-the-amphibious-fish-that-mates-with-itself/  

Blimey .. learn something everyday on the eternal font of knowledge that is TV .. Thank you Mr Sofa .. still sounds a bit fishy to me though .. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Passenger service representative for THAI airways Korakot Chatasingh told Daily News that a new business class lounge was now open for outbound travellers at Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok. 

"The representative also indicated that instead of being able to obtain a refund for those members whose flights were canceled, those Royal Orchid members can dine daily at the lounge until the amount of the refund Thai Airways owes is used up."

6 hours ago, JohnB1945 said:

I'll bet its totally non smoking and you have to go to one of the filthy smoking rooms! Thai used to have a very pleasant smoking lounge for business class, then the stopped the smoking!

Who pays the salaries? Customers or the health nazis?

There should be a sigar room, so people can relax before a flight and enjoy their sigars.

The people who smoke the fags can sit on the tarmac near the sewer.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, scorecard said:

I wonder how many staff 'work' there? Good chance for TG to get realistic about staffing and stop their old practices of massive overstaffing. 

reminds me of the joke of how many to install a light bulb in ceiling fixture..

One to hold the bulb.....3 to spin the ladder...keeps a strong economy on peanut wages....more peanuts!