Tourism Council: When the pandemic is over Thailand is the first place tourists will visit

webfact

I do wish TAT and relatives would just...well, shut up. '...and when there is a vaccine...'. So after the pandemic is over, whenever that might be, what are they going to do? Up requirements for entry, Covid 19 vaccination no doubt keep the Covid insurance too. The world will have changed and that means Thailand too, along with their tourism. These guys are just scared to face the reality. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TKDfella said:

I do wish TAT and relatives would just...well, shut up. '...and when there is a vaccine...'. So after the pandemic is over, whenever that might be, what are they going to do? Up requirements for entry, Covid 19 vaccination no doubt keep the Covid insurance too. The world will have changed and that means Thailand too, along with their tourism. These guys are just scared to face the reality. 

raising prices of everything and anything to compensate for the loss of tourists business they had during the pandemic  555

Edited by Mavideol
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, sitanonchai said:

Tourism Council: When the pandemic is over Thailand is the first place tourists will visit-> Count me out, there are better places then Thailand.

Not being sarcastic, but genuinely curious.... where would members here recommend ? Im currently making a list for when all this is over so I can visit some of these places. Currently want to explore Nepal, Myanmar, Sri Lanka. 

10 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

Is there not one (just ONE!!!) individual in this country's entire tourism-governing network who can think with a clear head instead of constantly coming up with irrational, ludicrous blurbs regarding the imminent recovery of the tourism sector?

I am sometimes under the impression all these people do is settling on a floor mat and start chanting the mantra "Thailand will be grand again, Thailand will be hub again, Thailand will be glorious again" -- and then immediately afterwards call a press conference, presenting their feverish visions as fact.

Otherwise it CANNOT be explained how this senior officials can be so adamant that Thailand is going to be FIRST country in the whole wide world that travelers will want to visit as soon as the crisis has abated -- while at the same time citing a long list of obnoxious requirements that will only PUT OFF the vast, vast majority of potential visitors.

How can anyone be so contradictory??? I just don't understand it. Sigh.

Why are these people incapable of gathering just one single reasonable thought and build a critical assessment on it??? It drives me insane!         

Just look at the funny side, less stressful......

12 hours ago, webfact said:

"When Covid is over and there is a vaccine Thailand is the first place tourists will turn to for a visit," he claimed. 

If they drop paperwork, quarantine, insurance, for vaccinated people and make things easier than before covid .... may be, otherwise no way !

Hey Thailand, make it possible to visit for 6 months with only a passport needed on arrival.

Get rid of all your various visas, which are only cash cows anyway.  You want to recover

the tourist sector, do it realistically, Mexico is a likely destination for me when the virus

has a vaccine and the international air travel is back in order. I only need my passport

for a visit there. Same for Honduras, Guatamala, Belize etc,  do you understand. Thailand is

7th on my list of places, as I also plan to go to Australia, and Scotland and the UK before I 

return to Thailand.

Geezer

Thailand will be the last to recover as the cases will start to surge here last but not least. They have tried to conceal and hide Covid but they can not. They will blame other countries for the porous border crossings not being controlled, but in the end it wi be Thai people who spread the virus.  New game starts now on the north.  Winter is coming.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Thailand will be the last to recover as the cases will start to surge here last but not least. They have tried to conceal and hide Covid but they can not. They will blame other countries for the porous border crossings not being controlled, but in the end it wi be Thai people who spread the virus.  New game starts now on the north.  Winter is coming.

Stick to GOT mate. Reality is obviously not your thing.

• Sad 1

Just now, polpott said:

Stick to GOT mate. Reality is obviously not your thing.

No GOT mention or reference. Winter is coming, as in cooler weather and better temps for the virus to spread in the North now. But nice try on your part to read something into my post. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

No GOT mention or reference. Winter is coming, as in cooler weather and better temps for the virus to spread in the North now. But nice try on your part to read something into my post. 

There's been no Covid in Thailand for months. Recent small outbreak in Chiang Mai which will soon be suppressed. There is no winter in Thailand, just dry season. Average temps in Thailand in January are the same as UK in high Summer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, polpott said:

There's been no Covid in Thailand for months. Recent small outbreak in Chiang Mai which will soon be suppressed. There is no winter in Thailand, just dry season. Average temps in Thailand in January are the same as UK in high Summer.

10 cases now, and who knows truly how many asymptomatic or those with low level symptoms there are as these cases are only a recent Myanmar convert to Thailand due to failure to secure the border and then the folks to quarantine.  The weather in the north is cool, Average temps for the rest of the country may be higher but in Chiang Mai today it is only 16 degrees C in some of the Areas, but will warm to maybe 25 degrees C, so in other words 60 degrees F to 77 degrees F.  In Chiang Rai it is between 13 C and a high of 24 C, so not like the rest of Thailand, higher elevations are cooler, you really do need to do some research before you spout off that there is no winter in Thailand.  Freezing temperature are in the upper reaches. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

This is based on what ?

Just general Thai bashing ?

No Thai bashing, they are already jumping on their own people for needing better border security and with that comes the issue of a lack of border security and such on the other side.  They, Myanmar, have arrested the entertainment venue manager for violating the laws enacted in Myanmar, but they obviously did not control the Golden Triangle Are well enough, so it goes without saying the blame will be spread equally.  Do some reading of outside the country news sources and you may enlighten yourself a little more.  Enjoy your day.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

10 cases now, and who knows truly how many asymptomatic or those with low level symptoms there are as these cases are only a recent Myanmar convert to Thailand due to failure to secure the border and then the folks to quarantine.  The weather in the north is cool, Average temps for the rest of the country may be higher but in Chiang Mai today it is only 16 degrees C in some of the Areas, but will warm to maybe 25 degrees C, so in other words 60 degrees F to 77 degrees F.  In Chiang Rai it is between 13 C and a high of 24 C, so not like the rest of Thailand, higher elevations are cooler, you really do need to do some research before you spout off that there is no winter in Thailand.  Freezing temperature are in the upper reaches. 

Is there a ski resort in Chiang Mai?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

"In Chiang Mai, temperatures ranged between 20 and 24 degrees Celsius in the heart of the province."

That equates to a very pleasant summers day in the UK. T shirt and shorts weather.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

No Thai bashing, they are already jumping on their own people for needing better border security and with that comes the issue of a lack of border security and such on the other side.  They, Myanmar, have arrested the entertainment venue manager for violating the laws enacted in Myanmar, but they obviously did not control the Golden Triangle Are well enough, so it goes without saying the blame will be spread equally.  Do some reading of outside the country news sources and you may enlighten yourself a little more.  Enjoy your day.

That doesnt show your suggestion that Thailand will blame other Countries for the porous border .

The Thai Government have told the Thai side to tighten up border controls , they havent mentioned other Countries should also do the same .

The Burmese guy got arrested for breaking Burmese law

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, polpott said:

"In Chiang Mai, temperatures ranged between 20 and 24 degrees Celsius in the heart of the province."

That equates to a very pleasant summers day in the UK. T shirt and shorts weather.

your talking about daytime temps, not nighttime or early morning temps.  You really do not know how to read and obviously have an agenda here.  Think a little before you embarrass yourself further.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

That doesnt show your suggestion that Thailand will blame other Countries for the porous border .

The Thai Government have told the Thai side to tighten up border controls , they havent mentioned other Countries should also do the same .

The Burmese guy got arrested for breaking Burmese law

And you have no idea what goes on behind closed governmental doors and inter country discussions then do you.  You have never worked with this Government like I have obviously so you do not know the extent of information passed back and forth.  Take care.

The tourism in the north is currently being affected by this latest issue which prior to it occurring was looking up.  

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

your talking about daytime temps, not nighttime or early morning temps.  You really do not know how to read and obviously have an agenda here.  Think a little before you embarrass yourself further.

You are embarrassing yourself by putting forward baseless conspiracy theories. You must be an American as more than 90% of conspiracy theories originate in the US.

Read the edit to my previous post.

• Haha 1