Tourism Council: When the pandemic is over Thailand is the first place tourists will visit

webfact

7 minutes ago, polpott said:

You are embarrassing yourself by putting forward baseless conspiracy theories. You must be an American as more than 90% of conspiracy theories originate in the US.

Read the edit to my previous post.

I see no edit, but here is a full view of the issues at hand.

Thai army strengthens security along the Burmese border to defend against super infectious strain of Covid 19 - Thai Examiner

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

You are right, I don't know what happened to my edit which stated that it has been proven that the spread of Covid is unaffected by the variation in ambient temperatures.

Edited by polpott

42 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

10 cases now, and who knows truly how many asymptomatic or those with low level symptoms there are as these cases are only a recent Myanmar convert to Thailand due to failure to secure the border and then the folks to quarantine.  The weather in the north is cool, Average temps for the rest of the country may be higher but in Chiang Mai today it is only 16 degrees C in some of the Areas, but will warm to maybe 25 degrees C, so in other words 60 degrees F to 77 degrees F.  In Chiang Rai it is between 13 C and a high of 24 C, so not like the rest of Thailand, higher elevations are cooler, you really do need to do some research before you spout off that there is no winter in Thailand.  Freezing temperature are in the upper reaches. 

I think the place is cracking up for this time of the year here in Phuket it's not stopped raining for days and it's cooler

22 hours ago, Surelynot said:

As soon as any tourist sees a "set of requirements" to be met.....boom, gone, toast.

Tourists want a care free holiday, not an administrative nightmare...idiots.....not a clue.

I first came here in 1990 as a tourist and every year until 2004 when I retired here.

I came with a crew of friends from the same area.There is no way on earth we would chose Tland if any of these restriction/rules were in place.There were too many other options.

That was then. IMHO I'm cautiously optimistic about the future for tourism."But" a ton of foreigners have lost employment thru all this.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

I think the place is cracking up for this time of the year here in Phuket it's not stopped raining for days and it's cooler

I Agree, the weather is unseasonably cooler right now, storms are here that normally are not. Have a great day.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I Agree, the weather is unseasonably cooler right now, storms are here that normally are not. Have a great day.

You should get yourself to Pattaya. Warm and sunny here, same as every other day of the year.

23 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

Further evidence that people without a brain that is capable of understanding even basic reality, should probably keep their mouth shut.

It is a prerequisite for the job along with: a flapping trap; no brain; a fertile imagination; rose-coloured glasses; no sense of reality; a desire to please his superiors and a penchant for ya-ba.

• Haha 1

I know a few people who are ready to come back and will be long term, 1 year tourist but are not prepared to go into 14 days quarantine and all the other hoops they have to jump through. 

An Aussie couple would book my villa right now if they could get here

Edited by ChipButty
  • Like 1

This he translated to "Thailand Champion Again Global Expat and Tourism Hub".

The medical Cannabis, the educational hub of hubs, the Global Expat and Nigerian Tourist Hub. I'm impressed.

Not one of my friends is planning to come to visit me within the next two years, or so. 

There's got to be a reason for it, innit? 

Edited by teacherclaire
A backpacker decided to sell his backback.

10 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

BTW, it's winter in Thailand. And the cold winds always bring cold weather. 

Unreasonable cooler in winter? Please try Canada, a dream. 

40 minutes ago, teacherclaire said:

This he translated to "Thailand Champion Again Global Expat and Tourism Hub".

The medical Cannabis, the educational hub of hubs, the Global Expat and Nigerian Tourist Hub. I'm impressed.

Not one of my friends is planning to come to visit me within the next two years, or so. 

There's got to be a reason for it, innit? 

I agree

i miss too the visits of my friends and family members (A dozen of people)

this year and probably next year

Maybe end 2021/ begining 2022 they will be back?

The quarantine requirment is the main block on the road

and i don't see this requirment disapear before most of the Thais being vaccinated

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Like 1