Thai Finance Minister sees foreign tourists recovering to 40 million in 2024

webfact

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand's tourism-dependent economy should receive 8 million foreign visitors next year and see a recovery to a pre-coronavirus pandemic level of 40 million visitors by 2024, the country's finance minister said on Wednesday.

That's some vision he has.

Based on the current appreciation rate of the Baht—by 2024, the Baht will reach parity with the USD.  And some other western currencies will dive below the Mighty Baht.

So no, I don’t see a tourism revival anytime soon, or even later.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Techno Viking said:

No more than usual

Road deaths happen world over, build a bridge and get over it.

I know it is not a perfect analogy but Thailand has a bad record and it would be preventable.But nothing is done...

The virus is manageable. Heaven and earth moved to get to ZERO  and destroy the economy. 

• Like 2

I just hope that the vaccines are effective and there is no other virus on the loose

in 2021 to 2024. If so maybe the Tourism in the world will start to recover.

I do plan to head somewhere in the tropics again when the countries are in control of

this covid 19 virus.  I just hope that the immunity against this virus is good after getting the

vaccine. 1.5 million dead so far, and in the USA alone there will be many many more before they

get their collective act together and get control of this virus. Same thing in some other

countries.  The TAT can dream on, and have wishful forecasts, but reality will be a lot different

than their dreamy thoughts. Good luck everyone,  stay safe and healthy.

Geezer

• Like 2