Pattaya: Mayor promises great fun for all at two major events this month

webfact

Pattaya: Mayor promises great fun for all at two major events this month

8pm1.jpg

Picture: Sophon Cable TV

Pattaya's mayor spoke to Sophon Cable TV about two major events upcoming at the resort.

These are the Pattaya Music Festival 2020 on 11/12th December, part of the government authorised long weekend, and the New Year Countdown that will take place over three days from December 29 to 31st. 

The mayor hopes that both events will be great fun and a treat for visitors and will help to stimulate the economy. 

For the music festival there will be four stages - three on the main beach in Pattaya and one in Jomtien. 

Sontaya Khunpluem said that an "army of 50 well known artists" would be coming and these would attract serious music lovers to Pattaya.

8pm3.jpg

Picture: Sophon Cable TV

In addition shops from 42 communities will be showcasing their wares.

Experience of running a big event garnered from the recent firework festival will help it to run smoothly according to all the Covid-19 regulations. 

At the end of the year the "countdown" event will be held in the Bali Hai port area in South Pattaya.

This would be bigger than ever, promised the mayor, to welcome in the year of the Ox. 

Artists will be there aplenty and there will be a firework display when the final countdown begins.

Source: Sophon Cable TV

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-12-02

It was fun. Maybe 1% of the people on the beach (in North Pattaya) wore masks. 
Great turn out and as jacko mentioned, a nightmare for traffic. We left around 1 am, nearly 3 hours after the music ended and Pattaya Klang was still jammed with traffic heading towards Sukhumvit.

My main bi-tch though was that when we left the beach, we looked for someplace to drop our bags of garbage. During the Loy Kratong/Halloween party in the same area, there were sets of garbage bins along side Beach Road and people were using them.

But during the Fireworks Festival, it seems they forgot to put them out. I walked up and down the road in the same area as last time and not a bin to be seen anywhere.
As a result, people just started piling their trash around the base of the trees near the road. When we left, some of the piles went completely around the trees and looked to be a meter deep (or more).
(I did see a garbage truck as we were leaving - but it was picking up garbage from the bars/shops on the other side of the road. I'm guessing that was the normal run for them.)