Deposit money / send money to SCB bank account from Thailand, will it show my name (the name of the sender) somewhere on recipient account ?

hello,

If I deposit some money at SCB bank branch on a Thai SCB bank account, will the sender know the name of the person who put the money in the account ?

If I transfer at ATM some money to a Thai SCB bank account, will the sender know the name of the person who put the money in the account ?

If I transfer online from another bank account some money to a Thai SCB bank account, will the sender know the name of the person who put the money in the account ?

Can you confirm that the name of the sender won't be displayed anywhere ?

Thank you.

I think you are saying "sender" when you mean "receiver", except possibly in your last question.

I don't think I have ever sent money to someone else from my SCB account.

In general, the receiver will not see the name of the sender if the sender does the transfer at an ATM machine, or at the counter inside the bank.  I can not comment on an online transfer.

If you want the receiver to know your identity, send them a text message or call them immediately after you do the transfer.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, chuang said:

LOL

Not sure what the OP is wanting to happen:

1. - Receiver can see name details of the sender?
  2. - Receiver can the account number (numeric only) where the funds originate from?
  3. - receiver can see both name and account number of the sender?
  4. - Receiver gets no information whatever on who sent the funds because the system cannot add name/number details?
  5. - Receiver gets no information whatever on who sent the funds because the sender wants it that way (deliberately anonymous)?

I use both K Bank and BBL bank internet banking, both provide an option of a system e.mail or smartphone message to the receiver, if desired by the sender.

• Like 1

As treasurer of an association I have a lot of experience with receiving money. The info on the bank transaction page of the receiver is useless (apart from date and amount). Even when you go to the bank as a receiver they sometimes cannot find out who sent the money. The info you get as a receiver depends on the bank and type of transfer (e.g. PromptPay). Even then as a sender you cannot rely on the receiver getting any information. So, as a sender, always inform the receiver by SMS or email separately. Or forward the email you may get after a transaction.

21 hours ago, thaicookingchef said:

hello,

If I deposit some money at SCB bank branch on a Thai SCB bank account, will the sender know the name of the person who put the money in the account ?

If I transfer at ATM some money to a Thai SCB bank account, will the sender know the name of the person who put the money in the account ?

If I transfer online from another bank account some money to a Thai SCB bank account, will the sender know the name of the person who put the money in the account ?

Can you confirm that the name of the sender won't be displayed anywhere ?

Thank you.

When I was still paying monthly rent in BKK. #1: No sender name  /  #2: No name sender  / #3: ???

This was the case on both SCB and Bangkok Bank.On the remittance forms there is not even a space to fill out the senders name.

• Like 1

The recipient doesn't get to see the sender's name. But I suspect they could ask their bank which account the money has been sent from, and knowing the account number they would be able to get to know the name of the account owner.

If you want to deposit money into someone's Thai bank account anonymously from within Thailand, for whatever reason, then use a cash deposit machine of their bank.

• Like 1