Can you get a 60 days extension before your 1 year extension based on marriage?

Hey

I came into Thailand on a 90 day non-immigrant O visa based on marriage and I plan to extend my stay by 1 year based on marriage. However, to get some more time to get my documents in place, could I first get a 60 day extension before the 1 year extension? 

If that works, how do I get the 60 day extension? 

Thanks. 

You can apply for the 60 day extension and then the one year extension.

If you have not gotten one before since you last entered you can get the 60 day extension to visit you wife.

She has to be with you when you apply. You will need your marriage certificate and copy of it. Copies of here house book registry and ID card. Some office may want a recent printout of your Kor Ror 2 marriage registry that can be requested at any Amphoe.

Copies of your passport photo page, visa, entry stamp and TM6 departure card.

If you have already applied tor the 60 day extension to visit your wife you can apply for the 60 day covid 19 extension. Same passport copies and a completed affidavit they will give you.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If you have not gotten one before since you last entered you can get the 60 day extension to visit you wife.

She has to be with you when you apply. You will need your marriage certificate and copy of it. Copies of here house book registry and ID card. Some office may want a recent printout of your Kor Ror 2 marriage registry that can be requested at any Amphoe.

If you have already applied tor the 60 day extension to visit your wife you can apply for the 60 day covid 19 extension. Same passport copies and a completed affidavit they will give you.

Thank you! We got married in the US and haven't registered the marriage in Thailand yet (Kor Ror 22). I assume they'd be fine with our US marriage certificate which is in English? I got my O visa with that marriage certificate so the Thai embassy accepted it. 

Might it be easier to just get the 60 day covid 19 extension? 

11 minutes ago, TPDH said:

Thank you! We got married in the US and haven't registered the marriage in Thailand yet (Kor Ror 22). I assume they'd be fine with our US marriage certificate which is in English? I got my O visa with that marriage certificate so the Thai embassy accepted it. 

They should accept just your marriage certificate from the states but some office may want the Kor Ror 22.

You need to get the registration done soon so that you can apply for the one year extension. It is mandatory for that extension.

11 minutes ago, TPDH said:

Might it be easier to just get the 60 day covid 19 extension? 

Yes  That way if you needed another 60 days you could get one to visit your wife.

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Do you need a reason to get a 60 day extension of Non Imm O based on marriage ?  My stay is allowed until 21 April so I need to apply for yearly extension late March or early April . However before and after Songkran the local Immigration Office is flooded while in June my application for one year extension would be much more relaxed.

59 minutes ago, fvw53 said:

Do you need a reason to get a 60 day extension of Non Imm O based on marriage ?  My stay is allowed until 21 April so I need to apply for yearly extension late March or early April

No need for a reason other than to visit your wife.

But best not to get the only one you can get for as long as you are on extensions since you are only allowed one per entry to the country and a entry from a re-entry permit is not one. Only a new entry from a visa resets it.

32 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

@ubonjoe Bit off topic, but am in USA with NON-O (Ret) extension expiring soon. Can I start the process for the Single Entry Visa  from Thai Embassy here before my current extension of stay expires? Thx.

Guessing you also have a reentry permit.

My thinking is that if your SETV application exceeds your current permission of stay, then you could obtain it. 

As usual our man ubonjoe will be along with definitive answer.

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Guessing you also have a reentry permit.

My thinking is that if your SETV application exceeds your current permission of stay, then you could obtain it. 

As usual our man ubonjoe will be along with definitive answer.

Yes...have Multiple Entry. 

11 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Bit off topic, but am in USA with NON-O (Ret) extension expiring soon. Can I start the process for the Single Entry Visa  from Thai Embassy here before my current extension of stay expires?

You could do the application for a tourist visa prior to your re-entry permit expiring if is evident that you would not arrive in time to use it.

You could also apply for a single entry non-o visa. See: https://thaiembdc.org/2020/09/30/nonimmigrantoaox/  It does state though that you need the 40/400 insurance coverage for the duration of your stay but that would only be 90 days since that is all that the visa would allow.

Archived