What’s your favourite Christmas song?

webfact

What’s your favourite Christmas song?

A just-for-fun 'poll' of the songs that get you in the mood to celebrate Christmas

David Buckley

santa-1862411_1920-780x405.jpg

Image by Gerd Altmann from Pixabay

So, what’s the song that, when you hear it, gets you in the festive mood? The one that gets you up to dance at a party, or ready to eat too much, or makes you look forward to spending quality time with friends and/or family?

A few days ago, I revealed that two such songs for me are It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year by Andy Williams and Driving Home for Christmas by Chris Rea. But there are many others that spring to mind without needing to look them up.

I could have named John Lennon’s Happy Xmas, War is Over; Slade’s Merry Christmas Everybody; Maria Carey’s I Don’t Want a Lot for Christmas (though my favourite version is featured below); Wizzard’s I Wish it Could be Christmas Every Day; Band Aid’s Do They Know it’s Christmas?; George Michael’s Last Christmas; Nat King Cole’s The Christmas Song; and last, but by no means least White Christmas by Bing Crosby. I’m sure you could name many more.

Full story: https://inspirekent.co.uk/opinion/whats-your-favourite-christmas-song/

Logokent-1.png

-- © Copyright Inspire Kent 2020-12-02

3 hours ago, ThaIrish Sean said:

Fairytail of New York.

The best lyrics.

You're a bum
You're a punk
You're an old slut on junk
Lying there almost dead on a drip in that bed
You scumbag, you maggot
You cheap lousy <deleted>
Happy Christmas your <deleted>
I pray God it's our last

So we  cannot have the word for a bundle of iron rods bound together or a ball of seasoned chopped liver. Hmmmmm.    LOL.

Edited by Tyler Visan
  • Haha 1

Silent Night!  While at University in the ROTC Corps of Cadets I had to sing it to the upper classmen. All the freshmen in my outfit were request (required) to sing carols to the dorm. (I just happened to be in the "Singing Cadets" club).

And, as a tribute to the solders of WW1, who laid down their arms and met between the trenches, I sang it in German, too. 

What a great memory. Thank you for this subject. I hadn't thought about that in years.

• Like 2

Ah , Dingen Ben , every year outside Tesco Lotus is this fat blown up lump. He has been wallowing there for about a week now.  I asked my wife would it upset anyone if I stuck a pin in his fat gut and let his air out.   ' Hark the hairy angels suck '  Now that would be different.

In Lotus you hear the kids and mum , ' I want this , I want that , I must have this '  Then there are the kids ................