What’s your favourite Christmas song?

What’s your favourite Christmas song?

A just-for-fun 'poll' of the songs that get you in the mood to celebrate Christmas

David Buckley

santa-1862411_1920-780x405.jpg

Image by Gerd Altmann from Pixabay

So, what’s the song that, when you hear it, gets you in the festive mood? The one that gets you up to dance at a party, or ready to eat too much, or makes you look forward to spending quality time with friends and/or family?

A few days ago, I revealed that two such songs for me are It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year by Andy Williams and Driving Home for Christmas by Chris Rea. But there are many others that spring to mind without needing to look them up.

I could have named John Lennon’s Happy Xmas, War is Over; Slade’s Merry Christmas Everybody; Maria Carey’s I Don’t Want a Lot for Christmas (though my favourite version is featured below); Wizzard’s I Wish it Could be Christmas Every Day; Band Aid’s Do They Know it’s Christmas?; George Michael’s Last Christmas; Nat King Cole’s The Christmas Song; and last, but by no means least White Christmas by Bing Crosby. I’m sure you could name many more.

Full story: https://inspirekent.co.uk/opinion/whats-your-favourite-christmas-song/

Logokent-1.png

-- © Copyright Inspire Kent 2020-12-02

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

'Ludop ta led node lanedeer'

Fairytail of New York. The best lyrics. You're a bumYou're a punkYou're an old slut on junkLying there almost dead on a drip in that bedYou scumbag, you maggotYou cheap lousy <deleted>

🎶 While shepherds washed their socks by night... All seated round the tub... An angel of the Lord came down ... And took them to the pub.🎶

Posted Images

It is cartoon song about elves, rudolph and reindeers that are working for father Christmas,  but wouldn't be allowed to play it on here. 😇

Edited by Kwasaki