Pool Cleaning Robots

MyThaiYou

Anyone with experience using pool cleaning robots?  

I'm looking at 3 from Pool Pro&Lab aka JD Pools,  The basic ACTIVE 10 seems to do everything while the ACTIVE 20 and ACTIVE30i just add non-essential bells and whistles 

Any recommendations please 

17 hours ago, MyThaiYou said:

Thank You!  Model?  I think Dolphin is another name for the same Pool Pro&Labs maytronics brand but can't be sure

Maytronics (Israely parent company) for Dolphin & other model brands. There are other more economical brands just as good! Check reviews and ongoing costings (Consumerables)!

The robots marketed by JD are identical (except  for  the plastic cover) to the original branded Maytronics Dolphin robots distributed by SwimmingPoolsThailand.

I  have been using  a S200 from  SPT in  my  4.5 x 12 pool for over two years. This machine is excellent. SPT is the official service agent  and I  get  10% discount  on  consumables (tracks, filters, etc).

I just discovered that SPT have a video report on Dolphins on their site from an independent company in the USA. This will answer most questions.

Edited by Chaichara
Adding another link
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Chaichara said:

The robots marketed by JD are identical (except  for  the plastic cover) to the original branded Maytronics Dolphin robots distributed by SwimmingPoolsThailand.

I  have been using  a S200 from  SPT in  my  4.5 x 12 pool for over two years. This machine is excellent. SPT is the official service agent  and I  get  10% discount  on  consumables (tracks, filters, etc).

I just discovered that SPT have a video report on Dolphins on their site from an independent company in the USA. This will answer most questions.

Thank you so much for your help and link to that independent video.

My only remaining big question is this:  my pool is 12 meters swimming area plus 2 meters shallow toddler area so total 14 meters long and between 1.5 and 2 meters deep.  All the 'domestic' pool robots SPT - S100-S200-S300 (JD Pools E10-E20_E30) all state for 12 meter pools.  

Because my pool is up to 2 meters deep I know I need the S200/E10 model - but will this be enough to cope with my extra length or do I need to move up the the M400 range - VERY expensive!!??

On 12/4/2020 at 4:10 PM, MyThaiYou said:

What do you think kind guys and ladies?

Can Maytronics/Dolphin domestic pool robot S200 / E10 cope with longer than 12 meter pools....?

IMG_2719.thumb.jpg.baf8a2854452329cf5477b8d1bfff680.jpg

I would be concentrating on getting the water in balance 1st on this pool! Is anything living in there?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bagwain said:

I would be concentrating on getting the water in balance 1st on this pool! Is anything living in there?

this is an old picture I used because the dimensions are drawn on. The pool is clean at the moment. 

any thoughts from people with 12 meter pool robot - on whether it can cope with extra 2 meter paddling area ? Much appreciated 

thank You 

• 3 months later...

I have a similar shape pool to yours and approximately the same size, I got a Maytronics S300 and it really is the mutt's nuts, like other respondents I couldn't live without it. If you add flocculant every week and run the robot the next day, you would not believe the amount of <deleted> it sucks out.

I do a black algae cycle about once every 3 months then I'll run the robot on two concurrent days and it is well worth it.

The manual says that you should not use the tether to haul it out of the pool, this is true but you can gently ease it up to the surface because it's only slightly negative buoyant. Then grab the handle and haul it out. Clean the filters immediately - don't let them dry out!

• 4 weeks later...

I do like mine but they do have limitations and they can't fully replace a good vacuuming.  In really dusty month's, my robot just stirs up the dust into suspension in the water.  On those months, once per week, I let the dust settle and then vacuum to waste. No need for expensive  flocculant After that the robot takes over the cleaning duties. Being robots they are of course as dumb as a brick, so they do occasionally leave patches uncleaned, goodness knows why, as they have GPS mapping, at least my model does, but its still as thick as pig sxxt. 

Just a friendly warning, I'm sure that mine communicates with aliens and other robots locally.  Be afraid and keep your eyes on it at all times  and lock it up at night. 

22 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Being robots they are of course as dumb as a brick, so they do occasionally leave patches uncleaned, goodness knows why, as they have GPS mapping, at least my model does, but its still as thick as pig sxxt. 

YES!  My experience exactly. It goes off to the same spot climbs the same bit of wall every time and then moves away to another random place.  It would make more sense to stay on the wall and work its way around as far as possible!  But no!  Never!  No memory!  No mapping!  Just moves around at random and hopes that with 2-3 hours it will have covered everywhere - which from my pictures people can see never happens

• Like 1

Well, mine works perfectly but my pool is rectangular. Anyways, the Dolphins are by far the best brand out there. They are the only ones that come with a proper after-sales service in Thailand and all the other brands are rubbish, most of them not even manufactured by the brand name on them.

Pool Pro&Labs and JDpools are the same company.  They bought a stock of one robot from each model to sell to  every one of their franchises in Thailand. hat came to several hundred robots so Maytronics agreed to give them a different colour and a different model name.

• Thanks 1