All six Thai women who sneaked in from Myanmar test positive for Covid-19

snoop1130

13 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Might as well open up then ????

Kinda agree..as I had thought the first batch of chinese they invited would have blown the quarantine off 100%

But would have been allowed by thais, as the chinese can seem to do no wrong......will kill for a mama cup!

As for the thai gals, thanks for this so we dont take the blame for once, burmese men take a breathe of relief too....hard to blame folks when they arent there to blame ????

5 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

So, Thailand under reported Covid cases and did no testing in order to save their tourism industry ?

That doesnt stand up to scrutiny , considering Thailand closed its borders and hasnt allowed any tourists in for ten months now .

You seem quite joyous that Thailand now has infections again , if there had previously been cover-ups, why didnt they cover this incident(s) up ?

Suits them to have an outbreak now, to put an end to protesting. Covid is worldwide and better accepted than riots and people uprising against the Monarch.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

They tried to cover it up more than likely, but with social media this one went viral fast.  Not sure tge government sensors saw it as they were trying to keep up with the protestors movements.  Just my view, but they did keep most media away from the story until it could not.  I have found several scathing reports and articles and only posted one of many reports.

Why didnt all the alleged other cases get publicisesd by social media ?

Thailand has handled the pandemic very well , we just spent three weeks under partial lock-down back in April and its been back to normal since then , whilst back in the UK , they are still under varying degrees of lock-down, over six months later 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, jossthaifarang said:

Suits them to have an outbreak now, to put an end to protesting. Covid is worldwide and better accepted than riots and people uprising against the Monarch.

So, why havent the Thai Government taken advantage and put everyone on lock-down again , to curtail the protests ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

So, why havent the Thai Government taken advantage and put everyone on lock-down again , to curtail the protests ?

Just wait and see what happens after last nights emergency meeting they held to discuss the situation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KC 71 said:

I would imagine there have been a few people entering through various borders since they were closed

Yes the Burma border with Thailand alone is 2416 km,  Thais, Hill tribes, Burmese go back and forth to see family and farm or trade,  these girls would have just had to wade back across the river as the 1G1 hotel complex is right next to it and Mai Sai

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

A 28-year-old Phayao resident who went to work at the 1G1 entertainment venue in Myanmar’s Tachilek district in early November, illegally entered the country on November 27 with a Myanmar national.

She goes out again on November 28 at 9pm to grab dinner, wearing a mask at all times.

Yeh right, she enters the country illegally, i.e. skipping quarantine, yet we are to believe she is a good samaritan and wears a mask, talk about watering it down for those stupid enough to believe it, what next !

A 21-year-old Thai woman sneaks into Thailand on November 28.

A 25-year-old Thai woman enters Thailand on November 28 with the 21-year-old above. After arriving in Don Mueang Airport on the same day, she takes a flight to Phichit to stay with another friend. They go out to dinner at Bird Bar in Phichit with another three friends. None of them wear masks.

Aha....no masks, very responsible idiots, its all about me, me and me...

The ministry has confirmed that there are no local transmissions, but believes measures need to be in place to curb the risk.

Too late, the cats are out of the bags, 2nd wave is on it's way, look out for the next lockdown.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, CorpusChristie said:

So, Thailand under reported Covid cases and did no testing in order to save their tourism industry ?

That doesnt stand up to scrutiny , considering Thailand closed its borders and hasnt allowed any tourists in for ten months now .

You seem quite joyous that Thailand now has infections again , if there had previously been cover-ups, why didnt they cover this incident(s) up ?

I thought it would be impossible to cover this incident up, given the facebook posts that were made boasting about it, going viral world-wide.

4 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I thought it would be impossible to cover this incident up, given the facebook posts that were made boasting about it, going viral world-wide.

The border has been open for locals for a while now , no need to keep it a secret about crossing there 

11 hours ago, Cali farong said:

All the others that came across were smart enough not to go to hospital knowing they might get in trouble.  COVID is everywhere and it only kills very few.

All the sugar and salt that Thais eat is way more dangerous but that’s not sensational for CNN 

There's probably some 'over-measurement' of covid deaths in western countries (where death + covid can be registered as death due to covid), but that doesn't explain surges in ICU patients and obituaries. See 'Very dark couple of weeks': Morgues and hospitals overflow (apnews.com)  So, yeah, if you are relatively healthy, covid may not kill you, but ending up in hospital is no fun. And over indulgence in sugar and salt doesn't send such numbers to the ICU.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Doesn't help all the folks who came in contact with them who don't have facebook accounts?

But share links if you are able.

I wouldn't share the links. You risk a defamation case.

Look at the poor school kids who named their schools regarding uniforms. They are being threatened with defamation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not to excuse these women at all, but it was virtually inevitable that something like this would happen when the government decided to make it so complicated and difficult for Thais to re-enter Thailand. If they have to jump through hoops to try to get a COE to do it the legal way, it's not surprising that some just "go wet" - and once they've broken the law by entering illegally, there's zero chance that they'll knock on the door of a State Quarantine facility, even if the food is free...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

A 28-year-old Phayao resident who went to work at the 1G1 entertainment venue in Myanmar’s Tachilek district

Interesting why they would have an entertainment complex in Tachilek, not in Yangon or Mandalay. I did not think Myanmar citizens were particularly wealthy, but live and learn. Looks to be a covid 19 hotbed. One hopes this is not a superspreader mega-event for Myanmarese or whatever country the punters come from. That would be tragic.

3 minutes ago, khunjeff said:

Not to excuse these women at all, but it was virtually inevitable that something like this would happen when the government decided to make it so complicated and difficult for Thais to re-enter Thailand. If they have to jump through hoops to try to get a COE to do it the legal way, it's not surprising that some just "go wet" - and once they've broken the law by entering illegally, there's zero chance that they'll knock on the door of a State Quarantine facility, even if the food is free...

I have two Thai friends in State Quarantine at the moment. They seem to be quite happy with hotels and the food. They are also allowed out on the balconies and we have photos of them waving to their family members outside.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dcheech said:

Interesting why they would have an entertainment complex in Tachilek, not in Yangon or Mandalay. I did not think Myanmar citizens were particularly wealthy, but live and learn. Looks to be a covid 19 hotbed. One hopes this is not a superspreader mega-event for Myanmarese or whatever country the punters come from. That would be tragic.

I don't know, but maybe the origin was for Thai males to avail themselves of (I assume) cheaper Burmese women?

• Like 2

Realistically, these are not the only people crossing the border without quarantine and being tested. We should assume there are other cases also. A plan should be developed to find and isolate others in the country that are infected. "Random" testing at border cities, airports and bus stations would be a good start. Once a plan is working we can move on to opening the borders and punishing the offenders. If it gets out of control we will be back to curfews and lockdowns which do not seem to work.   

• Like 1

Just now, bluesofa said:

I don't know, but maybe the origin was for Thai males to avail themselves of (I assume) cheaper Burmese women?

Yet the women were from Thailand, hoping the border. I reckon cheapness was not the issue. If Thai and Myanmarese,  are less likely as punters, who's else would go there?

• Like 1