PM orders natural borders to be strictly monitored to prevent illegal entries

snoop1130

PM orders natural borders to be strictly monitored to prevent illegal entries

By The Nation

800_8d97adcbf4bf1de.jpg

Prateep Keeratirekha

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has ordered related officials to stop people from using natural borders to sneak into the country, Prateep Keeratirekha, the PM’s deputy secretary on political affairs, said on Wednesday.

As for the Thai woman who tested positive after crossing over from Myanmar via Chiang Rai’s Mae Sai district, Prateep said tests on the more than 100 people the patient had come in contact with had come in negative.

“The government has also instructed village health volunteers to check whether anyone in their community had entered Thailand via illegal channels,” he said.

Meanwhile, the PM has instructed officials at alternative state quarantine sites nationwide to strictly perform their duties to gain public confidence.

He said Thailand has been recognised by many countries for its disease prevention efforts and is working on policies to help the economy recover.

“Hence, we call on people to have faith that the government will be able to curb the spread of Covid-19 effectively,” he said.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30398967?utm_source=category&utm_medium=internal_referral

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-12-02

• Like 1

5 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“The government has also instructed village health volunteers to check whether anyone in their community had entered Thailand via illegal channels,” he said.

Am I the only one that thinks that village punch ups and revenge shootings are about to explode

1 hour ago, ChakaKhan said:

I hear the US Fake President has a wall for sale..slightly used, missing pieces..cash only....tremendous and yuge

I think pretty much everything he has is for sale now to pay his legal fees and debts. 

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has ordered related officials to stop people from using natural borders to sneak into the country, Prateep Keeratirekha, the PM’s deputy secretary on political affairs, said on Wednesday.

There is around a 1000 kilometers of border with Myanmar most of it Jungle. They have been trying to stop illegal loggers and wildlife poachers crossing from Myanmar for 30 years without much success. 

1 minute ago, garzhe said:

There is around a 1000 kilometers of border with Myanmar most of it Jungle. They have been trying to stop illegal loggers and wildlife poachers crossing from Myanmar for 30 years without much success. 

This isn't really the issue.

The issue is Thai people leaving and re-entering without documentation/quarantine. These Thai working gals are not crossing through the jungle, or logging or poaching.

If the Thai Military/government can't secure the borders maybe it's time for a new government?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 2long said:

Shouldn't all borders ALWAYS be closely monitored? Especially considering Thais feelings about our neighbours and the notorious Golden Triangle.

Have you ever take a close look at the very long border between Myanmar and Thailand, taking the terrain into consideration?

Have fun doing this, a quick google says that Thailand has 4,863 km of land borders.  
Let's say 1 guard per 100 m - though, even in light scrub, it'd be easy to sneak past that, that's 48,630 men

3 shifts to allow for sleeping, days off, etc, that's 145,890 men

Say 1 support staff, officer, spare for illness, etc. for every 3, that's up to 194,520 men.

Is there a budget for that?

I'm British, we have a 30 km sea border, but we can't keep out illegals.  Now, if we were allowed to shoot them..............

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DefaultName said:

Have fun doing this, a quick google says that Thailand has 4,863 km of land borders.  
Let's say 1 guard per 100 m - though, even in light scrub, it'd be easy to sneak past that, that's 48,630 men

3 shifts to allow for sleeping, days off, etc, that's 145,890 men

Say 1 support staff, officer, spare for illness, etc. for every 3, that's up to 194,520 men.

Is there a budget for that?

According to Wikipedia,

"As of 2020, the Royal Thai Armed Forces number 360,850 active duty and 200,000 reserve personnel,nearly one percent of Thailand's population of 70 million."

That's in addition to the Border Police.

2 hours ago, khunjeff said:

According to Wikipedia,

"As of 2020, the Royal Thai Armed Forces number 360,850 active duty and 200,000 reserve personnel,nearly one percent of Thailand's population of 70 million."

That's in addition to the Border Police.

Includes the Air Force and Navy.

Its much easier than you think to cross the border. A few years back I met this man at a friends house, He invited me to come to his house in Cambodia. I told him I didn't have a visa and he said "That's no problem" Hopped on the back of his bike, passed a group of around six army (I don't know which side). They just looked at us. Got to his house, later went into town to get some beer a went to the bank. Returned me to Thailand the same way. The road was paved not some path though the jungle.