POTY 2020 -- A Modest Proposal -- Let's Call The Whole Thing Off

24 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

2020 -- the year Songkran was cancelled.

We'll never forget it.

So why even have POTY this year?

I hereby propose that the honorary winner of POTY 2020 shall be the NOVEL CORONAVIRUS by unanimous consent.

Do I hear a second?

I Agree, and for POTY 2021, Vaccine...for sure

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

2020 -- the year Songkran was cancelled.

We'll never forget it.

So why even have POTY this year?

I hereby propose that the honorary winner of POTY 2020 shall be the NOVEL CORONAVIRUS by unanimous consent.

Do I hear a second?

No.

• Like 1

I was under the impression that by general agreement, POTY 2020 had already been cancelled a couple of months ago due to the spite that was vented in 2019. I'm sure there's a thread somewhere about it.

While there have been some worthy winners, IMO it's reached its use-by date.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, champers said:

I reckon Covid has generated a huge amount of topics and posts this year. Throw in the US Presidential election, ongoing Brexit discourse and the Thai political situation for good measure and I wonder how TVF traffic compares to previous years. I am sure a mod would know. 

I would do away with POTY anyway as it has got a bit nasty and personal and would prefer to see a thread of the year - TOTY.

Just a gut feeling but the traffic is well down on previous years. The last couple of years POTY had something like a hundred or 2 voting for the winner, which out of 50,000 or so members is pretty poor. 

8 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I was under the impression that by general agreement, POTY 2020 had already been cancelled a couple of months ago due to the spite that was vented in 2019. I'm sure there's a thread somewhere about it.

While there have been some worthy winners, IMO it's reached its use-by date.

Really?

If thats true I missed it.

• Sad 1