extra 30 days for a 60 day tourist visa, how, where and when to apply for

Hi@all,

as I should be coming to TH soon but could only get a TR visa the embassy told me I can get extra 30 days in TH when paying 1900 Baht.  ow my questions are as follows:

1. Can I do it any time whilst I stay in TH or does it have to be towards the end of the 60 days?

2. If any time, could I do it at airport immigration right after my arrival?

3. If cannot be done at airport, I have a condo in BKK but I should be going to Samui and there to go to immigration would be easier for me. Can I go to any immigration office, also Samui?

4. I assume I cannot book the plane ticket from a start so it show the date after the 60 days, assuming I would get another 30 days?

Thx for any answers, appreciated 

OKF

Enter on your setv. Regarding onward flight ask if you can book 90 days from entry as you intend to extend. Worked prior to covid.

Look into "rent a flight" if not possible. Or book return flight with flight change option.

You cannot apply for your extension airport.

As for extension, do it at Samui. You would be advised to ask hotel to provide you with a TM30. 

1) Varies per Immigration office, but most prefer to see you in the last week and may even send you away if too early.

2) No.

3) Yes, although consider if a TM30 has been made for you.

4) Usually for TV entries they do not check on arrival at Bangkok, the issue can be more at check-in at home country. In these Covid times airlines are being more flexible about changing bookings, just make sure you do not tie yourself down with one that will make it expensive or even impossible.

one more question pls...can I do the extension at Pathumwan or do I have to go to Cheang Wattana. 

Should I do in Samui, can I put my BKK address into the TM7 or in that case better the Samui address, or does it not matter?

10 hours ago, OKF said:

one more question pls...can I do the extension at Pathumwan or do I have to go to Cheang Wattana. 

The only office in Bangkok you can use is Chaeng Wattana but at this time they are being done at the temporary office at Muang Thong Thani.

10 hours ago, OKF said:

Should I do in Samui, can I put my BKK address into the TM7 or in that case better the Samui address, or does it not matter?

If you do it in Samui you will need an address for there to put on the TM7 form. They may want a TM30 report done to prove you address.

Archived