Trump hints at 2024 run, Biden to meet with U.S. workers hit by pandemic

webfact

3 hours ago, Walker88 said:

I very much doubt 45 will be a free man in 2024. NY State has him under investigation for a host of crimes, from bank and insurance fraud to tax evasion. No pardon will free him from justice at the State level.

As a non-sitting former POTUS, he won't even be able to hide behind the silly OLC ruling about a sitting POTUS being free from prosecution, so the various cases against him for sexual assault/rape (e.g., E Jean Caroll) will procede. Remember she has the un-laundered dress she wore when she alleges he raped her and will seek a sample of his DNA to match against stains on the dress. At the very least, if there's a DNA match, 45 will have to change his tune from the vile "She's not my type" to "It was consensual".

On his side, 45 has raised, via his bogus 'fraud' claims for which he has offered zero proof, almost $170 million of suckers' money to defend himself (at least with 75% of it, as the small print in his begging indicates), so as usual he will get others to pay for his own crimes or failures (like his 6 bankruptcies, which were ultimately paid for by the US Taxpayer, as stiffed banks and creditors could use their loss to write off tax liability).

Re his potential cases, NY State has all the documents and phone conversations given them by former 45 attorney Michael Cohen. Just as Cohen's material proved 45's willing participation in the payoff to Stormy Daniels, ending with 45 being an 'unindicted co-conspirator', the material could well prove all the charges re 45's bank and insurance fraud.

If convicted, jail is not only likely, but necessary. The US must demonstrate that ALL are equal under the law, even POTUSs. If a major economic power and democracy like South Korea can jail several of its former leaders, the supposed beacon of democracy and justice in the world (or so it claims), the US, must also jail those who break the law.

There's no Twitter from jail. 45 is likely to disappear without his Tweets.

Yep, that’s what I call democracy man, being able to run for President from inside Rikers Island.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

You need to think outside the box to get results , try every means possible , thats how you get results

Agreed!  But that should be done by medical experts, not politicians.  Sadly, he admitted he wanted to sideline the doctors.  That came out in a tape recording.  That I'm sure you are aware of.

36 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

You need to think outside the box to get results , try every means possible , thats how you get results

So we can assume you will be one of the test subjects for this out of the box thinking with bleach and the virus? Dear President needs you...be a patriot.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Having a $ 27 000 000 000 000 National debt, is hardly being "rich"

Trumps tax cut helped alot

CBO released its regular update to the economic and budget outlook on January 28. The new estimates show a deficit of $1 trillion for 2020. This is the equivalent of 4.6% of gross domestic product. The federal budget deficit will grow to 5.4% of GDP by 2030, according to GDP.

This is a much worse outlook for the current deficit than CBO showed just before Congress passed the Trump tax cuts. In June 2017, CBO anticipated a deficit of 3.6% of GDP for 2020. The current deficit is thus 27.8% greater than CBO projected before the tax cuts. Moreover, this one percentage point difference in the current projected deficit and the prior projection equals $221 billion for 2020. This is a substantial gap that follows in large part from the tax cuts, especially since the economy continued to grow during this time.

A temporarily larger deficit may be worth it, especially in a world of very low interest rates, if it translates into faster economic growth. But that is not what has happened. Economic growth increased briefly in early 2018 but quickly fell back to or even below the modest levels that persisted before the 2017 tax cuts (see figure below). Not all deficits are bad, but the ones from the supply-side tax cuts have proven to be.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/christianweller/2020/01/29/trumps-wasteful-tax-cuts-lead-to-continued-trillion-dollar-deficits-in-expanding-economy/?sh=27c4940c66c4

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes, absolutely.

But it's still going to be very long odds for the democrats to win both senate seats there.

The republican controlled voter suppression policies against poorer and minority Georgians are just too ingrained and powerful.

For example, people needing to wait all day to vote in such precincts. But thanks to Stacey Abrams for at least making this possible. I mean wow. Biden won Georgia but not North Carolina. That's a sea change.

You're right, it's a problem that not many are talking about.  Hopefully it'll be addressed...and right soon.

[Voter advocacy groups in Georgia filed a lawsuit on Wednesday asking a federal court to compel the state to restore nearly 200,000 names to its voter registration list ahead of the January runoff races for the state’s two Senate seats that will determine the balance of power in Washington.]

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/a-lawsuit-in-georgia-claims-that-nearly-200-000-registered-voters-were-improperly-purged/ar-BB1bzSWP?ocid=wispr

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I always believed the virus was a serious threat. But then, I'm Australian and we tend to be more rational in our approach to crises. We don't run around like chooks that have had their heads chopped off.

Speaking of belief, have you contributed to his re-election campaign, which by all reports a major part is going straight into his pocket? Or are you a bit smarter than that?

I havent yet no, but do you have a link to the donation page ?

I can get my donation tax deducted 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, CorpusChristie said:

I've been looking for one myself, I want to donate - one cent at a time.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

You mean you can use the donation as a tax deduction?  The answer is no.  Seems many Trump supporters either don't know that or don't care.

https://blog.turbotax.intuit.com/tax-deductions-and-credits-2/are-your-political-campaign-contributions-tax-deductible-11380/

• Like 2