Trump hints at 2024 run, Biden to meet with U.S. workers hit by pandemic

webfact

5 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

Where exactly is he going to run for presidency from, prison? Because that’s where he will be in 2024! ????

Not a problem nor would it exclude him from doing so (although may curtail his rallies). Look up Eugene V. Debs, 1920 race.

1 minute ago, Salerno said:

Not a problem nor would it exclude him from doing so (although may curtail his rallies). Look up Eugene V. Debs, 1920 race.

I think one of the requirements for being able to run a nation would be not to be a convict, plus I highly doubt that he’d get elected after going to prison for tax evasion...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

I think one of the requirements for being able to run a nation would be not to be a convict, plus I highly doubt that he’d get elected after going to prison for tax evasion...

You'd think so but not an impairment in the USA (also think of the drug runner helping to "run" a country closer to home). Being an optimist, hopeful that by 2024 a certain cohort in the US will have seen through the "fake news" BS and the rest of the propaganda. Weirdest part to me though is in some States convicted felons lose their right to vote but can run for the top job.

That said, can see why banning people "with a record" for running isn't a black and white thing, for example people being stitched up by political opponents (Malaysia for example) or even for their genuine political beliefs such as Debs I mentioned who was in jail for his anti WWI stance are a far cry from common crims.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, candide said:

The worst aspect of it is that a relatively large number of people believe him.

An ever present conundrum. I sometimes wonder if it's due to so many Americans being evangelicals believing in religious myths and entwined with their political life; as you know some even believe trump has been anointed by God. The other issue is apparent deep rooted white grievance ideology expressed by trump, the messaging being massaged by the <deleted> Stephen Miller.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

Where exactly is he going to run for presidency from, prison? Because that’s where he will be in 2024! ????

Personally I wouldn't be so sure. trump has been 'clever' riling up his base. it could turn out even at State level prosecution would not be worth while due to damaging division in US society.

"We are trying to do another four years," he told the assembled group, according to a Republican source who was at the event. "Otherwise, I’ll see you in four years.”

And that after so many people have to die because of the virus. Shameless. 

RIP to all who had the bad luck to be in the wrong country at the wrong time. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

56 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Personally I wouldn't be so sure. trump has been 'clever' riling up his base. it could turn out even at State level prosecution would not be worth while due to damaging division in US society.

I don’t think the US could get any more divided as they already are. In regards to Trump, yeah, I wouldn’t be surprised if he somehow managed to beat the charges. Once can only hope that he won’t! 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, J Town said:

The SDNY currently has charges at the ready once 45's crown is removed, and they are the kind of indictments that a presidential pardon cannot protect. The reality is 45 needs to be held accountable for his sins or a very visible "two tier" justice system will become the elephant in the room.

More promising is the potential NY State case against Trump.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, simple1 said:

An ever present conundrum. I sometimes wonder if it's due to so many Americans being evangelicals believing in religious myths and entwined with their political life; as you know some even believe trump has been anointed by God. The other issue is apparent deep rooted white grievance ideology expressed by trump, the messaging being massaged by the <deleted> Stephen Miller.

They are dictated by the "single issue" known as pro life.

Edited by earlinclaifornia