Where can i get something other than true ?,any shops sell boxes etc

ivor bigun

sorry if this is a bit vague but ever since we came here a long time ago we have had true visions ,first platinum ,then downgraded to gold ,then as it got worse to our basic package ,now even bloomberg has gone ,i would like something that at least had some news in English ,i mainly download anything i want to watch onto a usb ,but would like something with a news channel ,

any help appresciated

Got a couple links - can't say anything about them as I've been using True for ages now and yes, it gets worse as time goes by, as they cut channels from their lower end packages to try and get you to pay for a higher end deal just to get the same channels you used to have.

I also have Sophon. Mostly for the 3 movie channels (which come in on channels 06, 28 and 41 on my set). They have some news/sports/business channels (in English) and some other English language stuff.
Some channels though are not clear or have intermittent "fuzz", mostly in the higher numbers (55-60 and up) and many aren't viewable (but they mostly seem to be religious or shopping channels I think). It's kind of like the old days of analog TV using a set of "rabbit ears" for an antenna (except you can't adjust the antenna to get a clearer picture). Could be my connection. I have their top package (3,600 baht/year) but I've never bothered asking them about why those high channels don't come through. (I suspect I wouldn't watch them anyways.)

https://www.pattayaunlimited.com/pattaya-satelite-and-cable-tv-options/

http://www.pattayacabletv.com/index1.php (Sophon Cable)

https://www.facebook.com/tmnnewscabletv/

• Thanks 1

There are several different TV boxes you can get. They all run off the Internet. Most starting at 3k Bht upwards. (Bit more in Pattaya as they do know how to charge there) It's a one off payment. But you will need a good amount of M/B (100mb+) for them to allow you to get a clear/good signal. They are normally on the grey market. Whatever they are available. Just shop around. 

Right what do you get well the set up I have gives me every news channel, films sport + the normal live  programs. From all over the world. Cost for mine was 3.500 BHT. As said 1 off payment. Just plug it into your TV via the same port as True. They do take a bit of faffing about going through different setups they have but once mastered they are great. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, fredob43 said:

There are several different TV boxes you can get. They all run off the Internet. Most starting at 3k Bht upwards. (Bit more in Pattaya as they do know how to charge there) It's a one off payment. But you will need a good amount of M/B (100mb+) for them to allow you to get a clear/good signal. They are normally on the grey market. Whatever they are available. Just shop around. 

Right what do you get well the set up I have gives me every news channel, films sport + the normal live  programs. From all over the world. Cost for mine was 3.500 BHT. As said 1 off payment. Just plug it into your TV via the same port as True. They do take a bit of faffing about going through different setups they have but once mastered they are great. 

As I have said in my above post look round for a TV Internet box. They are available. 2 Snaps of News programs I have just taken. Sky news and Bloomberg. Both are in H/D but bear in mind the snaps are via the TV. At present I'm watching BBC2 as this time of the morning (There) they have the news live.   

IMGP0012.JPG

IMGP0013.JPG

Edited by fredob43

3 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

As I have said in my above post look round for a TV Internet box. They are available. 2 Snaps of News programs I have just taken. Sky news and Bloomberg. Both are in H/D but bear in mind the snaps are via the TV. At present I'm watching BBC2 as this time of the morning (There) they have the news live.   

IMGP0012.JPG

IMGP0013.JPG

Tried to Edit but it wont's let me. If you look at the bottom of the TV on top of a white cloth next to the remotes is the box I use. Only small but does the job.  

On 12/3/2020 at 3:13 PM, fredob43 said:

Tried to Edit but it wont's let me. If you look at the bottom of the TV on top of a white cloth next to the remotes is the box I use. Only small but does the job.  

would i be in the right place looking in tuk com ????? south Pattaya?

3 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

Sorry cant help you with that one as I don't live in Patts. I got my one from a friend, who gets them via the internet. He loads all the programs on them and sells them on for 3.500bht. As said they are grey market, but they are widely available. 

If you are a computer user and use Google search then just do a few searches for  free streaming TV web sites. You will be amazed how many hits you will get. Some are worthwhile and some totally useless. I use a couple sites that are US based channels and these have worked for years. I also use a good ad blocker as this keeps the <deleted> from popping up

I have tried several boxes over the years and always come back to my PC and the internet. I am a big torrent file downloader as well.

23 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

Right some good news. Just spent some time with my friend that does the box's. He gets them from Lazada. They are Android box's. Seems the more you pay the better they are. But they will be empty and need downloading/setting up to get any channels. Tip don't go for the real cheap ones as they are next to useless. To get the best from them, better if you have a cable from your internet box to the Android box. The further away the A/box is from your internet Wi Fi The worse it'll be. So get a cable. 

To learn how to download go onto You Tube and key in Best Kodi builds. And watch the tutorials. Suggest you look at down loads first to make sure you understand what you have to do, prior to ordering said Box. If you cant master that pointless getting one. My friend downloads the full set up in less than 10 min: But he does do them all the time. 

Best of luck. 

Edited by fredob43
  • Like 1

On 12/11/2020 at 9:28 AM, fredob43 said:

To learn how to download go onto You Tube and key in Best Kodi builds. And watch the tutorials. Suggest you look at down loads first to make sure you understand what you have to do, prior to ordering said Box. If you cant master that pointless getting one.

Not quite, you can take your box into Tukcom and someone there will download a suite of apps for a couple of hundred baht.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, treetops said:

Not quite, you can take your box into Tukcom and someone there will download a suite of apps for a couple of hundred baht.

True. But if it goes down anytime (Does happen) you will eventually have to learn how to down load them. N/B there are thousands of setup you can down load. Tip, have a look at Xanax that has everything Live news, live sport, PPV, + all live programs from all over the world., Films even current ones, TV programs old and new. +++++++

I put my post in to start with as there a millions of Folk in Thailand that don't choose to live in Pattaya. So would be handy for them as well. 

3 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

True. But if it goes down anytime (Does happen) you will eventually have to learn how to down load them. N/B there are thousands of setup you can down load. Tip, have a look at Xanax that has everything Live news, live sport, PPV, + all live programs from all over the world., Films even current ones, TV programs old and new. +++++++

I put my post in to start with as there a millions of Folk in Thailand that don't choose to live in Pattaya. So would be handy for them as well. 

Yes, mine was aimed at folk with easy access to Tukcom, and the vendors there will also re-do your box if it goes down, or even gets sluggish due to too much clutter.  I don't have my box here in Thailand with me, but I can't remember the last time I used Kodi - much better available elsewhere IME, but each to their own.

1 hour ago, treetops said:

Yes, mine was aimed at folk with easy access to Tukcom, and the vendors there will also re-do your box if it goes down, or even gets sluggish due to too much clutter.  I don't have my box here in Thailand with me, but I can't remember the last time I used Kodi - much better available elsewhere IME, but each to their own.

The new Kodi set up doesn't need any updates or any decluttering/cleaning. It does it automatically every time you turn it on. As you say all depends on what setup you have installed.

Right reason for my post. I turned it off as usual last night using the shut down set up. But when I just turned in on it came up in safe mode. IE you get Nothing. Now I did know what to do but if you didn't, off you would have to go to your place T/C, that's after having disconnected everything and get them to do it. Just a load of faffing about. I think it's a good idea to learn how to set it up just in case.

Off now as I am watching Sky news. Later it'll be BBC1. Only for the political stuff. I do like to be up to date.

Oh, I could have watched the big fight last night (This morning here) That was on PPV for free. But I didn't get up in time. As the old saying goes must get a little hand on my watch.  

2 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Now I did know what to do but if you didn't, off you would have to go to your place T/C, that's after having disconnected everything and get them to do it. Just a load of faffing about. I think it's a good idea to learn how to set it up just in case.

Completely agree, and I do it all myself, I posted here to highlight an alternative to those who might not have the ability or inclination to do it themselves.  There's plenty around.

Just now, treetops said:

Completely agree, and I do it all myself, I posted here to highlight an alternative to those who might not have the ability or inclination to do it themselves.  There's plenty around.

Yes me for one. I used to be useless at doing it myself. If I had a problem I would phone a friend or go there and let him do it. That's when I decided to learn. 

Mind you I do rely on him for all the new stuff that comes out, like the new Box's that are available. Have just ordered the latest one. Not cheap but it works very quickly. With better picture and sound and holds lots more stuff. Not that my one is bad. I do get everything in H/D. My sound comes out of my LG sound box. Turn that up and it blasts you out of the room. 

Not my thing but it also holds all the latest games. One of the best bit's is it works much faster/better with the remote. As you know you have to make sure you point the remote at the Box or it wont go in. The new one you just point anywhere and it sorts it. I'm lazy.