Do you have any fear of Death?

WineOh

17 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Why would they when they know they will be reborn?

Those that truly believe in God have no fear of death because a better life awaits on the other side.

Which, or whos GOD are you referring to please?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CharlieH said:

Agree, If I had my wwy there would be a place you could "check in" to when you are ready. Nice Hotel, something slipped into your drink and goodnight. Whilst sound asleep the lethal jab is given. We should ALL have the right to say "enough"and depart with dignity and no prolonged situations, in my opinion. It your life and your choice.

Spot on, Charlie ???? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Agree, If I had my wwy there would be a place you could "check in" to when you are ready. Nice Hotel, something slipped into your drink and goodnight. Whilst sound asleep the lethal jab is given. We should ALL have the right to say "enough"and depart with dignity and no prolonged situations, in my opinion. It your life and your choice.

Are they doing something like that in Switzerland or Netherlands? 

I would like to go out on a gradual opium or morphene experience... a hazy fade... 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

Are they doing something like that in Switzerland or Netherlands? 

I would like to go out on a gradual opium or morphene experience... a hazy fade... 

Yes "Dignatas" is there but its a hell of a maze to go through and expensive.

To me it should be a free state run facility. Save a fortune on long term med/care etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have no fear of death. I don't believe in life after death, heaven or hell, or some god judging you when you die.

I do have fear of serious pain or suffering before the event, and even more fear of getting a long drawn out nasty painful illness before I die.

I hope when my time comes euthanasia will be legal...so when I feel I have had enough I can organise a nice peaceful and stress free death...hopefully with plenty of brandy and getting a massage. ????

6 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

I hope when my time comes euthanasia will be legal...so when I feel I have had enough I can organise a nice peaceful and stress free death...hopefully with plenty of brandy and getting a massage. ????

wherever this magical place is be sure to slip me there number before you 'check out' pal :thumbsup:

Edited by Liverpoolfan
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Somtamnication said:

No more 90 day reporting, no visa runs, no 800k in the bank for 3 months to be with my God-given family. No, fear. Peace at last!

call me morbid but it does sound great, doesnt it? ????

A Nietzsche quote springs to mind - "A little poison now and then; that makes for agreeable dreams, and a lot of poison at the end, for an agreeable dying." I don't think he was approving, in fact he was being rather scathing in the passage where it appears, but sounds reasonable to me, we can't all be ubermensch.

• Like 1

I love death. It's a great way for nature to delete anyone and everyone who thinks they won in life. 

You think you are rich? 

Nope you die. 

You're hunsum?

Not if you Google Sean Connery pics a few days before he met all mighty. 

You won internet fight on Thai Visa? 

You guessed it. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

It would be wonderful if we can all leave on our own terms.  But I don't think society would allow that in my lifetime.  

there are ways to achieve this without societies intervention.

I'm not advocating anything, just saying that given the area in which we reside it would not be too difficult to obtain the required narcotic to do the job.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Liverpoolfan said:
18 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

It would be wonderful if we can all leave on our own terms.  But I don't think society would allow that in my lifetime.  

there are ways to achieve this without societies intervention.

I'm not advocating anything, just saying that given the area in which we reside it would not be too difficult to obtain the required narcotic to do the job.

That's not what I mean.  Of course we can all end it anytime.  What I'm talking about is doing it in a legal and dignified manner, being able to organize your affairs while you still have your faculties, being able to say good-bye to your loved ones, and in essence, celebrating your end.  This is not easy to comprehend because of the way we were raised.  Have you ever attended a suicide?  Nor have I.  But I've attended many funerals.  What's the point of giving a eulogy if the deceased is not around to hear it?  That may sound silly, but it's the cultural mindset that we all have based on our upbringing.  Again, I don't think this will change in my lifetime.

Note:  I'm not advocating suicide nor have I ever had a suicidal thought.  I'm just suggesting an alternative to the current way of thinking as I get up there in age.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Liverpoolfan said:

This morning I would like to talk about the notion of death and dying.

I bring this up because it occurred to me that most Thai people I know and have spoken to about this in the past seem not to have any fear of death.

In the west, on the other hand, the opposite seems to be true.

Most people I know from the western world are terrified at the thought of dying and even the topic of discussing it is met with anger and indifference.

I personally have no fear of death whatsoever. 

I am a non believer in the after life and deities and like to live in the moment as much as possible.

A friend of mine is currently dying in hospital,

He also has no fear of death and reacted very angrily to a nurse the other day who told him to 'think of god' in order to sooth his anxieties.

To me, death is just another part of life.

The earth was around for 4 and a half billion years before I was born and will continue on after I have gone for at least that amount of time if not longer.

I believe we are a collective of atoms roaming an organic spaceship that is just floating around the sun.

This feeling gives me warmth and helps me sleep good at night, along with a glass or two of the grapes ????

Dying here will fix your Thai visa problems. You won't need any in your next life.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

All it took for me was a Catholic education that foolishly employed teachers who encouraged thinking and questioning...got good exam results but produced a whole cadre of individuals who questioned the reality of big beards in the sky.

As the Jesuits used to say (perhaps still do): "Give me a child till he is seven, and he is mine for life".

Of course, in light of recent exposures in the sacristies of the Catholic world, that statement has taken on a rather darker hue in the last few years...

• Sad 1

For anyone who watched "Soylent Green", Edward G Robinson's departure was sublime.  

In the over-populated, under-resourced world which we are increasingly moving into, the makers of the movie were possibly extremely prescient.

• Like 1