Life insurance payout time

STG44

2 minutes ago, STG44 said:

Hi people

My first post

Can somebody give me an idea of the maximum amount of time to payout on a life insurance policy to a thai wife, on the death of her thai husband?         Cheers 

Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it 

3 hours ago, STG44 said:

Hi people

My first post

Can somebody give me an idea of the maximum amount of time to payout on a life insurance policy to a thai wife, on the death of her thai husband?         Cheers 

I heard it was rather quick, but not sure how long.

I know this doesn't help, sorry.

17 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

You are welcome

nice username by the way

long time ago i have been the happy owner

of one of these exceptional weapons.

Thanks  I have only seen them in books, museums and YouTube (Forgotten Weapons)  they changed the course of firearms history. 

1000 of them even turned up in Syria a couple of years ago 

Take care ????

• Thanks 1

If the insurance company has all the supporting docs, payout should be within 2 weeks.
All insurance companies pay bills twice a month.
I have been an executor of an expat who died in Thailand. I am sure that all the wife needs to submit is the following:

• Marriage license copy.
  • Wife ID card copy.
  • Husband ID card or passport copy.
  • Husband death certificate copy.
  • Life insurance policy copy.
  • Like 2

That large cardboard "check" may not be valid tender, but it might be the "policy payout amount". Good marketing move for that agent, and I have seen that "present the cardboard check" in at least one Thai Funeral. Insurance companies in Thailand pay bills twice a month. Often a larger death benefit than $255 US social security death benefit for a Thai spouse who did not ever get in the US Social security system. I am not advocating buying life insurance in Thailand, but I have seen widows set up comfortably and all too often a widow left with a large home to keep up, nice truck and then cut off from expat funding. 

I guess it depends to the Insurance company 

When my Mother in law passed away, my wife got the pay out in the week.  The other  life insurance that was with the village, paid out 10% immediately to cover funeral expenses and the rest took about three months. 

That's how it was explained by my wife.