Investigation into possible corruption at THAI reveals 20 suspects

webfact

That makes sense, now I know why my neighbor is home for the past week or so, I did ask him if he was sick for not going to work but he didn't answer, hummmm BTW he did bought new car  7-8 months ago and he said he paid cash   555

3 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

4,000 baht an hour.

Or was it 2,000 baht plus 2,000 paid back up to people that sign off on it? 

That is 6 mTHB to each for 1500 hours extra work on top of the regular work +-1700 hours/year.

7 hours ago, edwinchester said:

"For example, the commission found that the mechanics department had disbursed more than Bt6 million to 567 staff as overtime pay"

That is only 10k bht overtime per year for each mechanic so nothing extraordinary at all.

Thai lost billions upon billions of baht through corruption, one can only wonder why they're reporting on what seems perfectly normal expenses.

To protect the Real higher up corruption.The lower ones are only Fallguys.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TheFishman1 said:

Yeah how about those Rolls-Royce engines that they got over paid millions and millions whatever happened with that deal it’s funny here in Thailand directions and every day normal way of life TIT

These were Thai Airline bigwigs, hi-so, important folks, who deserved huge bribes from Rolls-Royce for using their engines.  Demanding and receiving kickbacks is a fundamental part of their job benefits.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Are they all Generals?, or just the corporate officials.  They will be low hanging fruit unfortunately I think.  Thrown to the wolves for appeasement.

...more transfers coming up to inactive positions...boy that station must be overflowing by now!

16 minutes ago, mr mr said:

ladies and gentleman this is your captain speaking. looks like some turbulence ahead. please fasten your seatbelts and put your trays in the upright position.

enjoy the flight. 

Small brown bags may be kept under the seat, larger brown bags may be stored in the overhead lockers or deposited in the captain's bank account...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TheFishman1 said:

Yeah how about those Rolls-Royce engines that they got over paid millions and millions whatever happened with that deal it’s funny here in Thailand directions and every day normal way of life TIT

The nasty, corrupt whiteys are all in jail in the UK so job done. 

8 hours ago, edwinchester said:

"For example, the commission found that the mechanics department had disbursed more than Bt6 million to 567 staff as overtime pay"

That is only 10k bht overtime per year for each mechanic so nothing extraordinary at all.

Thai lost billions upon billions of baht through corruption, one can only wonder why they're reporting on what seems perfectly normal expenses.

I think they mean, 'did the mechanics actually get that overtime pay or was there none.'

As Edwinchester said 10,000 each  is entirely in the realm of normal, especially if Thai were short on staff levels in that dept.  while fixing their certification problems.

The figures in MisterWhister's post beggars belief . Bt 3,402,000,000  surely a typo ?

13 minutes ago, Aussiepeter said:

Umpteen years of systemic and endemic corruption at all levels of Thai society, have now come to roost in what is a totally failed nation. I was posted to LOS for 5 years in the 90's. I could not believe the level of corruption here when I settled in. Even the post office in the remote backwoods of the north-east I was sent to initially was bent. My mail went missing - I paid a 'fee' and it miraculously re-appeared. Electricity problems - same deal. My salary, sent by telex to a Thai bank, went 'MIA', for up to 3 weeks at a time ! When I pursued the matter "oh, it is stuck in the wires between here and BKK" !  (Supposedly, some bank employees at the time were playing the short-term money market with any $ sent to a farang account and, pocketing the profits). Just after I married the missus in 2002, we went to 'Big C' in C Mai, as they had a market-stall day. The missus found a stall stocked with brand new TG stuff, including First Class kit, at very low prices. My "little lady" bought a complete set of TG silver cutlery - I settled for a pack of 50 brand new TG Business Class hand towels. As they used to say in the old BBC show 'Minder' - "it must have fallen off a truck'''. The demise of an airline once rated No 4 in the world, should come as no surprise to anyone in LOS, especially anyone who has had any dealings with TG in recent years. 

and dont forget the pilfering  postmen at xmas time 

9 hours ago, edwinchester said:

4000 baht/hour strikes me as excessive pay

Whatever the findings in various reports will be, for sure it will be very entertaining for farang readers... I'm sure someone will either figure out to report, or have figured out to do in thai airline, something very funny and entertaining, should I say innovative in the domain of corruption, squandering, stealing and nepotism. Just waiting the hilarious report. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, edwinchester said:

Indeed, eider they try to distract attention from the really important/Big cases  or the reporting is inadequate !?

9 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Have they checked the donut bakers for possible corruption, after all, they're the ones making all the profit for the company. 

Well, they are making the dough.... 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

4,000 baht an hour.

Or was it 2,000 baht plus 2,000 paid back up to people that sign off on it? 

Don't even let facts and analysis ruin a good story... 

Edited by Artisi

9 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

This is unfortunately worded. There was a report a few months ago (it's on TV also, got to search for it) that actually said that EACH of the 567 staff allegedly clocked up 1,500 hour OT per year and EACH of them was allegedly paid Bt6 million OT compensation for that. Puts everything in a quite different perspective, huh?

This paints a very different picture, indeed.