Does this price seem about right for insurance?

giddyup

Actually that sounds quite reasonable for 'First' Type1 insurance with full no claims. Last year I paid 13,000 for MY15 Everest 3.2L no claims..

You would get a reduction for just two named drivers. Also if you have a car cam (5%)reduction ...in fact anyone who doesn't have a car cam is extremely unwise.

6 hours ago, petermik said:

Put your age down as 69 to get a quote...if the quote is good give them a call as they do insure drivers over 70....I,m one and insured with Roojai :thumbsup:

Or tell them that age is just a number.

You fill like 20.

Just now, giddyup said:

But how much are you paying is what I need to know.

I pay around 10k baht a year for 1st class insurance on a 2.5 years old hilux. (5k excess)Toyota salon where I bought the car quoted me around 19K for similar insurance(no excess though) and the car was valued lower by Toyota than by roojai. Every car is different so you need to get your own quote.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

That's not the case, you should telephone Roojai they have well spoken English Thai people.

Our 3 year old truck is insured 1st class for business inclusive of CTPL with Roojai insurance with a voluntary pay first 10,000 if drivers fault in a accident.

I pay monthly 800 baht for 10 months.

It's insured for any driver over 25 and me down as main driver I'm 73 yr old which are fully aware because they wanted my day of birth, copy of my Thai licence.

Did you put down year 2490 as your year of birth or 1947?????

They must think you are pre-historic.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, giddyup said:

Sorry, how is 10 months equal to 12 months? Do you mean you get 2 months for free? And who pays monthly?

The older you get, the less months a year has.

When you are 80, they give you only life expectancy of 8 months a year.????

8 hours ago, giddyup said:

Obviously the payout figure gets less every year as the vehicle is worth less, so does this premium sound about right?

To me it sounds  fairly fair for a 1st class insurance. It's not only a question of the value of your own car, they still covers third party, and driver and passengers in your own car with same amount, as when the car was new.

I pay little more for my 7 years old Toyota.

2 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Also depends on where the repair shop is. Is it convenient to where you live? If you got the Insurance when you bought the truck then it's probably pretty good. My 2012 Isuzu 4 door pickup was to be 18,000bht.....still   I forget the name of ins but it was the best. This year I changed Ins. Co and now pay 7600bht/yr. Max payout for truck is 300,000bht.

If you're paying 11,000bht and you're happy with it why change. You might save a little money elsewhere but make sure it's worth the hassle.

Most online insurers now have the option for a small extra (i think around 500b for mine/year) to use any repair shop you like. You got a decent deal for 7600 by the way.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bigz said:

Most online insurers now have the option for a small extra (i think around 500b for mine/year) to use any repair shop you like. You got a decent deal for 7600 by the way.

I bought it at the place that does the vehicle inspection. Think it's called Allience.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

If you're paying 11,000bht and you're happy with it why change. You might save a little money elsewhere but make sure it's worth the hassle.

Simple answer, look at his other threads.

I bought the cheapest of the cheapest item I could find on Lazada , and the quality is not the same as the more expensive ones.

So I look forward to another thread, I bought the cheapest of the cheapest insurance, and they don't pay out the same as the more expensive ones.

2 hours ago, AlfHuy said:

Did you put down year 2490 as your year of birth or 1947?????

They must think you are pre-historic.

Yes I did put down my date of birth 29/06/1947, I never feel pre-historic having young wife and living Thailand it keeps me young.

Your point is. ?

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Bigz said:

Not true. Roojai insurance doesn't have a 'named driver'. I got my car insured under my wife's name and anyone can drive it with a valid licence over 25 years old.(can get it down to a lower age for a fee) We already had a claim. I was the driver at the time of the accident (not named) and they paid. No issues. 

Reading this thread I jumped onto roojai and did an online for my Fortuna, plugged in a birth date that would peg me at being 72 years old..... no issues at all.

And yeah, Named driver !!

roojai.jpg.fa091634a9a6580a1e5e0f8731ccc072.jpg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, giddyup said:
20 hours ago, Jeffrey346 said:

Try again.. I'm over 70 and they never asked or said anything

I was talking about filling in the online quote.

You've already been told to give them a call and you still haven't bothered to get quotes from AA brokers either.

I see a trend here.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bigz said:

Not true. Roojai insurance doesn't have a 'named driver'. I got my car insured under my wife's name and anyone can drive it with a valid licence over 25 years old.(can get it down to a lower age for a fee) We already had a claim. I was the driver at the time of the accident (not named) and they paid. No issues. 

What a load of codswallop, Roojai certainly do named driver.

Our pickup is insured with Roojai, my wife is the only person insured to drive it.

Main reason for her being named as only driver is to stop any member of her family wanting to borrow it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, colinneil said:

What a load of codswallop, Roojai certainly do named driver.

Our pickup is insured with Roojai, my wife is the only person insured to drive it.

Main reason for her being named as only driver is to stop any member of her family wanting to borrow it.

Yeah, got it wrong. You can however for a small premium have anyone able to drive the car with a valid licence. 

• Like 1

On 12/3/2020 at 10:05 AM, giddyup said:

I've been using the same insurance company for my Mitsu Triton since I bought the vehicle new, now it's nearly 6 years old. Well the first year was free, but the premium has been decreasing every year since then, except for the last year and now this year where it has remained the same, ie 11000 baht. The company says this premium is as low as it can go and it won't get any cheaper in subsequent years. In the 6 years have never made a claim either. Obviously the payout figure gets less every year as the vehicle is worth less, so does this premium sound about right?

i would say YES.....I have/had triton.....

16 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

You do. But if your insurance choice allows ANYBODY to drive it, you can understand why the insurance company want a bit more security, no?

So does it ask the age if all drivers who are going to drive it. I'm confused. 

Maybe insured for all drivers under 70?

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

You've already been told to give them a call and you still haven't bothered to get quotes from AA brokers either.

I see a trend here.

It's called "tyre kicking", plus I don't always do as told.

Anyone know if you can change company mid term? I just paid 12 months 1st class with TIC. Thinking of changing to 2nd class Roojai now after 1 month. You think Roojai could do everything and claim refund from TIC, and give me maybe 2.5 year 2nd class?