Proof of Address for renewing driving license

Good Morning, 

Went to mochit to renew my driving license this morning - address from digital work permit not accepted. 

UK expat working here - Quickest way to get proof of address?

UK Embassy - what's the current cost for proof of residency?

I do 90 day reports at Chamchuree Square - can i get a proof of address from there or need to go out to Chaengwatana?

What's the wait time on proof of address from immigration? I read you go apply then wait 2 weeks for them to post?

Any advice much appreciated - just want to get the Proof of address in a timely fashion. 

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Used my Yellow Tabien Baan twice to renew driver license in BKK at Sukhumvit 99 location.

Ask them, up in Ubon they do....

got it within two hours.  Submitted my proof to the IO, then went away for a coffee, returned and collected the C of R,  2 hours later.  

I am sure you can get one at Chamchuri Square. Not sure how long it takes them do one.

At Chang Wattana they send the by EMS within a couple of weeks. But it would now be done at the Muang Thong Thani office.

1 minute ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Do you get it straightaway, or do they mail it to you?

got it within two hours.  Submitted my proof to the IO, then went away for a coffee, returned and collected the C of R,  2 hours later.  

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Pilotman said:

That's good to know (presumably Bangkok?).  Hopefully as I still have the old-style blue book work permit, I won't need one when I renew my licence on 24 December.

1 minute ago, Pilotman said:

In Bangkok? I think not.

2 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

That's good to know (presumably Bangkok?).  Hopefully as I still have the old-style blue book work permit, I won't need one when I renew my licence on 24 December.

No, it was in the Jomtien Office

16 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

What if you're on a Covid-19 extension with no work permit? Any chance of getting a 5 year licence renewed?

Depends on with which visa you entered Thailand, if it's a non-immigrant visa (or if you converted a tourist visa to a non-immigrant visa in Thailand) you will get a 5 years license, if it's a tourist visa you will get 2 years

Edited by jackdd